Sky vs Regal differences?

tikcho

I went on the Sky inaugural and loved it but am considering going on the Regal next time because the dates work better for me. I know the two ships are quite similar but hope to get more details.

- any areas on the ships that are different (except the location of the aft pool and Crooners)?

- is the Medallion fully functional on Regal (we loved all the electronic perks on the Sky)?

- Teen Club - on the Sky it was pretty amazing, not sure of the Regal is similar?

- buffet on the Regal, is it similar/same to the Sky as far as food, options, stations?

- any other differences we need to consider?

One of the main differences with Regal is that Princess Live is the enclosed TV studio area & not like the open lounge on Sky.

Not on Regal:

• French bistro
  • A solid Sea Walk floor with glass viewing ports
  • Staggered aft end like on Sky & most other variations of Grand-Class ships
  • Two larger Lido deck pools & instead Regal has 1 large plus a small round Plunge Pool

Both buffets are the same & the Regal has a small library near Crown Grill. We haven’t sailed on Regal since MedallionClass began. I did prefer Sky’s lighter colored wood in cabins & around the ship.

None of these would affect my decision on which one to sail but instead it would be based on itinerary, price & date.

14 minutes ago, tikcho said:

Thank you Astro Flyer! Looks like the second pool on the Regal is tiny and sor tof covered? And there is an adult pool all the way in the back, or is that a pool for everyone?

I don’t know if the aft pools are for adults only. I found photos showing Regal & Sky Lido deck pools and as you’ll see the Plunge Pool is uncovered. Another difference is Regal has the dancing waters between pools which were replaced with hot tubs on Sky.

0D679800-09DC-456D-A1A3-E90967C97356.png

4F9FCA97-7AA2-4190-8465-86ACB61472DA.jpeg