rccl vs princess

mortypro

I disagree with the under/over 60 comment. As DH and I are in mid 30's and have sailed Princess several times and is actually one of our favs, food is far superior then RCI's. But, the Mariner is in the Voyager class and is a great ship that we like a lot as well. Caribbean Princess is one of their newer ships and it looks pretty great too. Probably would come down to itinerary for me.

we are trying to decide between rccl & princess for xmas-new years 2006

princess is a few hundred dollars less each person

mariner of the seas vs carribbean princess

help

We've cruised RCCL 9 x's & Princess 2 x's and we have selected the Caribbean Princess for New Years 2006. We are a family of 4 and I just can't see spending the extra $. The other thing that has been bothersome to me is that the last two cruises that I've booked with RCCL have had dramatic price drops closer to the sailing and they term them "happy hour" rates and will not credit the difference. This practice has really soured me against RCCL. I have gotten the price drops with Princess w/o a problem.

I have only cruised during school breaks and my experience is that the ages of the passengers are very similar on both lines. My kids would prefer to go on RCCL ships, but still enjoy Princess. In my opinion both lines are very similar with RCCL having prettier ships and Princess having slightly better food.

I've cruised both lines. I would choose the Carribean Princess if it's a few hundred less. The 2 lines are pretty comparable. Princess has fresh water pools which I like and agree on the comment on quality of food. I disagree with the over 60 comment. If it was a 10+ day during winter, I would be more in agreement but not for holidays. It's the time of year when there are more families on board most cruise ships than any other time of the year.

I went on the first sailing of the Caribbean Princess and it was over Spring Break week. There were many kids on board. Some of the older kids did get a little crazy, it seems that RCCL did a better job regulating the older kids, but on Princess you only have to be 18 in order to book yourself a cabin, so that is where so have the tendency to go off. The ship is very nice, the rooms were a decent size, nicely arranged. We enjoyed the food in the dinning room better than RCCL, but I like windjammer's food compared to the Caribbean Cafe's food. I think you will be find with either one. Expecially on a holiday it I would think it would be nicer to be on the Caribbean Princes due to the number of pools, 5. There is a kid area, 2 main pools, one with the movies under the stars screen, and a deep pool, for scuba lessons, and a pool on the back of the ship, and a current pool for adults only. Enjoy your trip either way.

thanks

how about my dh is over 60 & i am under but we both act like 25 lol

the iternaries are most the same

didn't even think about more kids on the ships so we will do the 2nd week of the break.

we both work at college so we have our choice

Archived