Anyone aboard the Vista right now? 9/26/21???

princess76021

1 hour ago, furf_n_slo said:

We are! I'm sorry you had to miss it!! We almost had to cancel too. ❤

I really didn't have a choice with DH in chemo.  

If you don't mind can you come on and give me a short "look what you're missing" review? I really miss cruising and won't hold anything against you! it's been two full years today.I

Happy sailing!!!

Hugs

I was on the Vista from August 28 to September 4 and it was amazing!!  Only about 2500 guests on board and empty deck chairs everywhere....no lines for sky ride, no lines at bars (actually had happy hour 3 days at Red Frog Pub), had entire sections on the Lido deck to eat by ourselves. Everyone wore masks indoors and the comedy shows were always packed, but everyone had to have masks on and they were reminded often. The food was the best I can recall on Carnival. We liked it so much that we are leaving again on October 2 on same ship, same itinerary....it was just the best cruise ever. I think it is the best kept secret right now because I felt far safer on the ship than I do in my Texas home town. If you can travel on a ship now, go for it. As soon as everyone figures out how great it is, there will be full ships again. Prior to Covid, my husband and I cruised from 2-5 times a year, but this was our first cruise since November 2019. We did this one because we could drive to dock and not have to fly. It truly was just so wonderful to get away and just be on the water again. I can highly recommend cruising....especially now. Go for it!

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Rebas64573 said:

I was on the Vista from August 28 to September 4 and it was amazing!!  Only about 2500 guests on board and empty deck chairs everywhere....no lines for sky ride, no lines at bars (actually had happy hour 3 days at Red Frog Pub), had entire sections on the Lido deck to eat by ourselves. Everyone wore masks indoors and the comedy shows were always packed, but everyone had to have masks on and they were reminded often. The food was the best I can recall on Carnival. We liked it so much that we are leaving again on October 2 on same ship, same itinerary....it was just the best cruise ever. I think it is the best kept secret right now because I felt far safer on the ship than I do in my Texas home town. If you can travel on a ship now, go for it. As soon as everyone figures out how great it is, there will be full ships again. Prior to Covid, my husband and I cruised from 2-5 times a year, but this was our first cruise since November 2019. We did this one because we could drive to dock and not have to fly. It truly was just so wonderful to get away and just be on the water again. I can highly recommend cruising....especially now. Go for it!

I'll be on that cruise too!

3 hours ago, Rebas64573 said:

i did have the cruise for september 25 to october 2,  i had to cancel 🤕 that is why i was hoping someone was on now and tell me what i am missing!!! 

i'm hoping to be able to cruise in march, after all our medical crap is hopefully over!!

thanks for this

hugs

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, princess76021 said:

i did have the cruise for september 25 to october 2,  i had to cancel 🤕 that is why i was hoping someone was on now and tell me what i am missing!!! 

i'm hoping to be able to cruise in march, after all our medical crap is hopefully over!!

thanks for this

hugs

I can give you a one week delay idea of what you are missing if that helps?  I'm sorry you guys had to cancel.  Hoping the chemo does the trick and you will be cruising again soon.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, rlindholm said:

I can give you a one week delay idea of what you are missing if that helps?  I'm sorry you guys had to cancel.  Hoping the chemo does the trick and you will be cruising again soon.

thank you and i would love it!!!!

much hugs!!!!

It's been great.  Hot and muggy. But still pretty empty.  2,200 guests and lots of room.  Not as much reminding about masks during comedy show and main lounge show. We did have to make an emergency stop in cozumel on Monday but we got to mahogany bay on time.  I'm sorry you had to miss it!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, furf_n_slo said:

It's been great.  Hot and muggy. But still pretty empty.  2,200 guests and lots of room.  Not as much reminding about masks during comedy show and main lounge show. We did have to make an emergency stop in cozumel on Monday but we got to mahogany bay on time.  I'm sorry you had to miss it!

i will live my cruise vicariously through everyone until i can get on a ship!!!

thanks all for posting their experiences!!

hugs to all

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 6:38 AM, princess76021 said:

i will live my cruise vicariously through everyone until i can get on a ship!!!

thanks all for posting their experiences!!

hugs to all

Well I doubt your cruise would have started quite like today’s cruise. It’s raining and lots of streets around the port area flooded.  So we have wet shoes but that’s not keeping anyone down.  Check in was a breeze and just waiting for A4 to be called.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, rlindholm said:

Well I doubt your cruise would have started quite like today’s cruise. It’s raining and lots of streets around the port area flooded.  So we have wet shoes but that’s not keeping anyone down.  Check in was a breeze and just waiting for A4 to be called.  

i was looking at the web cam,  saw the rain 😉 but as you know nothing stops the fun!!!

buon voyage!!  

i'll be with you 😁!

hugs

3A71676D-9012-4AF0-8AB9-FB74C7F53C2C.thumb.jpeg.924c25e505dd000e9083076df93681c9.jpeg
first glimpse of the ship.  The Breeze is here too.  

A0B4D5C8-7C38-4053-8ACB-60A13E8C21F7.thumb.jpeg.99596fc1745283481c41ddf7dd142b53.jpeg
The view from deck 11 on the search for Cucina del Capitano.  It’s been very strange, we had A04 boarding but even with that in mind it just feels empty.  

914BFAE4-E2CF-4553-80A5-45136DC4E7B9.thumb.jpeg.a7d7f6da86895deceb1c7b80ef9b7473.jpeg
uber ride into Galveston. 

6 hours ago, princess76021 said:

love, love, love this!!

thank you sooooo much!!!

cucina is usually our first stop to!

much love for this!!

We didn’t know exactly how to get to it so we walked around the deck in the rain.  I don’t think my family believed there was an open restaurant up there. But we made it. 

first night in the dining room.  Food was good. The breeze zoomed past us while we were eating.  08564334-DDB6-433D-B866-2BAB9C4E3947.thumb.jpeg.f997a0bc6b3404acef4dc74a0073e738.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rlindholm said:

We didn’t know exactly how to get to it so we walked around the deck in the rain.  I don’t think my family believed there was an open restaurant up there. But we made it. 

first night in the dining room.  Food was good. The breeze zoomed past us while we were eating.  08564334-DDB6-433D-B866-2BAB9C4E3947.thumb.jpeg.f997a0bc6b3404acef4dc74a0073e738.jpeg

have a great night!!  

i'll see you in the morning at seaday brunch ok?

hugs

40CEFE59-2EAD-43E5-BF89-C10745842D90.thumb.jpeg.55e64c9fc40b775f9bd4056368453657.jpeg

first towel animal of the cruise.  It looks like it’s been a disappointing day for this octopus. 

B848151E-D9AB-491A-B9B7-7648F55B05E1.thumb.jpeg.26e7e57aedda39aae43ef8371d3673e1.jpeg
We always love going to the piano bar.  It was not quite as fun as it usually is and this guy lost his crowd at about 11 pm.  But he did do “piano man” playing both the harmonica and piano at the same time.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen that done.  Not a great picture but there he is.  I’m not sure he had ever heard some of the songs requested but it was amazing how he could play and sing just off of the music without previously knowing the song. That’s some talent! 

• Like 1

I’ve had a little bit of trouble posting on here in the past day.  Replies would not go through.  Anyway sea day brunches were delicious both days.  All of the food has been good actually. We went to JiJis last night and it was great.  Just so much food. I’m not used to eating like this so I have to remind myself I don’t have to eat it ALL.  

mommy son got a tray full of hot food dumped on him in the MDR the night before last. They gave him complementary laundry to get the stains out and wanted to send him to the medical center.  Besides sone red skin no on his chest and side he was fine. They called the next day to follow up too.  Our main concern was that someone might get in trouble.  But it wasn’t anyone’s fault, their system is set up for accidents like that to happen.  It’s crowded, busy, and everyone is trying to be as quick as possible.  A guy was carrying a tray loaded with plates.  Another server reached over and took off a couple of plates before he could set it down on the already full counter.  That set the whole tray off balance and…. TIMBER!!!!

We played a little roulette, won about $28, which is good in my book since we rarely gamble.  We are sitting at Mahogany Bay now. I don’t think anyone is allowed off yet but I have door closed and can’t hear announcements.  We will just chill, get some breakfast, wait for the grounds to get off, and then get off and walk around, maybe walk down to the beach.  

Oh, we met some people in the hot tub who had gone to the first morning show and they had said we are sailing at less than 50% capacity which I was surprised by.  I’ll have to confirm that. 

• Like 1