Pride 9/26

nina_930

6 minutes ago, nina_930 said:

We got an unofficial tour of 4 carnival ships and another ship line I didn't recognize just hanging out in the ocean waiting for their chance to make a comeback. 

20210929_174438.jpg

I had to play 20 questions with my group when we passed by them. It was really cool to see them all though, especially Legend, who looks AMAZING with the new paint

• Like 1

CHEF'S TABLE

This was our first experience at the chef's table.  Apparently before Covid, they brought you into the kitchen.  Now, we had it in one of the dance clubs.  It was actually set up really cool in the middle of the dance floor.  They had a few extra courses at the beginning which weren't on the menu.  The chefs and all the other crew were amazing! So very meticulous.  There were ten of us there so it was 5 one one side of the table and 5 on the other.  My mom and I sat at opposite sides of the table, which I didn't like to much because I felt like I wasn't really enjoying the experience together.  So when they call you to confirm, ask to be seated together so this doesn't happen. They didn't call us to let us know what date it would be until 2 days prior.  It was on Friday, elegant night.  I'm not sure if this is the same night every week.  Then they called the morning of and re-confirmed and asked again if there were any allergies.  There was one person with a dairy allergy and the chef made her the same dishes, but adjusted them for her.  We had the choice of bottled water or sparkling water and also red or white wine.  The white was pinot grigio which was very good.  I don't recall the red wine selection.  They refilled the wine glasses.  The chef who makes the chocolate melting cakes for the ship came out and showed us how he makes them.  They also had the magician come out and do a few tricks which were really cool and not cheesy.  He did this while they needed time to set up some of the plates.  The chefs answered some questions we had and we found out that the menu is actually corporate created and is the same across the fleet.  It takes them months to perfect it and they have to reproduce it perfectly prior to being able to present it to passengers.  

I highly recommend this to everyone.  I didn't eat any of the lamb dish and left the duck.  No one said anything.  They weren't judging if you left some on your plate.

20211001_180239.jpg

20211001_180904.jpg

20211001_181613.jpg

20211001_182720.jpg

20211001_183721.jpg

20211001_184555.jpg

20211001_185431.jpg

20211001_185438.jpg

20211001_193357.jpg

20211001_194955.jpg

20211001_195222.jpg

20211001_200801.jpg

20211001_202317.jpg

20211001_203357.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bar1068 said:

Kind of the Prides version of the Seafood Shack that is on a few other ships, has some of the same offerings...lobster rolls, clam chowder, peel and eat shrimp, crab legs etc.....only available at dinner time in Mermaid Lido...something like 5-10pm....was pretty good!!

Do you make reservations or just walk up and order a la carte?

44 minutes ago, S&LMom said:

Did you have to pick up a copy of Funtime at guest services?

Yes.  It's a one page (back and front) sheet now on the guest service desk.

Edited by nina_930
  • Thanks 1

On 10/4/2021 at 4:23 PM, nina_930 said:

I'll have the rest of the Fun Times too, they are in my suitcase right now and I slacked off with taking photos of them.  🤷‍♀️

Would love to see the rest when you get a chance.