Best pick for diving of Martinique, Trinidad, St Vincent, Bonaire

Torfamm

We are hoping to visit four new ports on a cruise this spring - Bonaire, Martinique, Trinidad and St. Vincent. Bonaire is an obvious choice but of the remaining three, what would be your top picks? Any companies you would recommend using? Given that there have been so many changes and itineraries are pretty changeable right now, I'd especially love to have feedback from anyone who's travelled recently. 

Thanks!

I haven't been to Trinidad, so I've got no help for you there. 

For Martinique, diving was tough to organize and not anything special. 

For St. Vincent the diving is good, and has proven easy to arrange.  I've dived with Vaughn Martin's Serenity Dive (https://www.serenitydive.net/)  The first time was great, the second time was a bit lack-luster.  Their primary boat was down, and they frankly booked too large a group from the ship.  If I were booking with him again - and I would - I'd ask a few pointed questions about how big a group he was going to book for the day.  The plus sides are that they pick up from the cruise ship pier, and the dive sites are nice and close. 

Bonaire, as you've noted, is great diving.  When I go by cruise ship I always use VIP Diving (https://vipdiving.com/).  Their price is at the high end for shore diving, but they truly make it worth every penny.  Port pick-up and return, a guide that is dedicated to making your day all you want, nitrox included (assuming you're nitrox certified).  They have a great facility for you pre and post dive period.  You can give your gear a thorough cleaning.  They generally  pick up at 8:30 AM, and you should plan on your whole day being dedicated to the dives, because they'll take you anyplace on the island you want to dive.  If you don't know Bonaire dive sites, talk to them about what you want to see, and they'll help you select the best sites. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/5/2021 at 8:59 AM, omeinv said:

I haven't been to Trinidad, so I've got no help for you there. 

For Martinique, diving was tough to organize and not anything special. 

For St. Vincent the diving is good, and has proven easy to arrange.  I've dived with Vaughn Martin's Serenity Dive (https://www.serenitydive.net/)  The first time was great, the second time was a bit lack-luster.  Their primary boat was down, and they frankly booked too large a group from the ship.  If I were booking with him again - and I would - I'd ask a few pointed questions about how big a group he was going to book for the day.  The plus sides are that they pick up from the cruise ship pier, and the dive sites are nice and close. 

Bonaire, as you've noted, is great diving.  When I go by cruise ship I always use VIP Diving (https://vipdiving.com/).  Their price is at the high end for shore diving, but they truly make it worth every penny.  Port pick-up and return, a guide that is dedicated to making your day all you want, nitrox included (assuming you're nitrox certified).  They have a great facility for you pre and post dive period.  You can give your gear a thorough cleaning.  They generally  pick up at 8:30 AM, and you should plan on your whole day being dedicated to the dives, because they'll take you anyplace on the island you want to dive.  If you don't know Bonaire dive sites, talk to them about what you want to see, and they'll help you select the best sites. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Thanks so much for that information Harris. I managed not to see it until today but am very appreciative!