Answers to questions about Crown to South America

ruthslaughter

We just returned from South American on the Crown

I will try to answer questions that I hae received.

NCL Freestyle is very easy. You can eat in the dining room, speciality restaurants or in the buffet. There are 2 formal nights and if you do not want to dress up you can eat in the buffet. The food was very good . We ate in 2 speciality restaurants, Chopsticks and Pasta Cafe. There were cookouts on deck and a chocoholic buffet.

On "sea days" there are activities going on all day. We especially liked the lectures and the trivia games. My "friend" Ed participated in the Jeopardy contest, which was fun. We also entered the putting contest.

We flew business class on American to and from Miami, 8 hours nonstop.

We had 2 nights in Buenos Aires and 1 night in Iguazu Falls, both at the Sheraton, very nice. Iguazu Falls was breathtaking and a highlight of the trip for us. The intensity, magnitude and sheer beauty of the Falls are beyond description.

Also do the Brazilian side.

I love Buenos Aires. It is a beautiful and cosmopolitan city.The tango show was great.

An exciting part of the cruise was going around the "Horn" the Captain stayed there for awhile so we could take pictures. The lighthous is at the very tip.

Falkland Islands was where we saw the penguins. The ride was very, very bumpy, 25 minutes each way. It was very cold and windy, so dress warm. You can also see the penguins at Port Madryn. Their habitat was gross, not sanitary and very boggy.

Watch where you step.

We did all of the tours with the ship excursions and they were very satisfactory.

We had and outside cabin on deck 5, nice size, lots of drawers , closet space and a hair dryer. I prefer a balcony, but they were all taken. You need to book very early as the balconies go quick. You can see movies and CNN in your cabin.

We saw lots of fjords and glaciers and a volcano. The Crown is a small ship and easity navigates the fjords and got very close to the glaciers.

All in all this was a very good trip.

Ruth (ruthslaught@yahoo.com)

The trails are not very hard

Archived