Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic Pier Open for MSC Seashore 11/27 Sailing?

Sstn

The only information I see online from June is the new pier at Taino Bay in Puerto Plata has an estimated delayed opening date of Dec. 15.  Virgin Scarlet Lady was supposed to have port calls there starting Oct. 17 and has postponed until Dec. 15.  I'm assuming the MSC Seashore port call there on Dec. 1 won't happen.  Does anyone have any better information on this?

On 10/9/2021 at 5:25 AM, Sstn said:

The only information I see online from June is the new pier at Taino Bay in Puerto Plata has an estimated delayed opening date of Dec. 15.  Virgin Scarlet Lady was supposed to have port calls there starting Oct. 17 and has postponed until Dec. 15.  I'm assuming the MSC Seashore port call there on Dec. 1 won't happen.  Does anyone have any better information on this?

Seashore is showing on the Amber Cove schedule for December 1st. Taino Bay shows no ships in port until January 4th.

Edited by Native Floridian 26

On 10/16/2021 at 1:58 PM, Native Floridian 26 said:

Seashore is showing on the Amber Cove schedule for December 1st. Taino Bay shows no ships in port until January 4th.

MSC website doesn't show Amber Cove, still Puerto Plata for the Seashore on Dec. 1.  Amber Cove website doesn't display Dec. calendar.  Is there an official source to confirm the Seashore will be in Amber Cove on Dec. 1?

2 hours ago, Sstn said:

MSC website doesn't show Amber Cove, still Puerto Plata for the Seashore on Dec. 1.  Amber Cove website doesn't display Dec. calendar.  Is there an official source to confirm the Seashore will be in Amber Cove on Dec. 1?

The Seashore itinerary says Puerto Plata, DR.  The port of Puerto Plata DR has two cruise terminals.  Amber Cove and Taino Bay. They are about 6 miles apart. Taino is not open until January.  Amber Cove is the existing dock showing all the ships docking there through December.

Several ports in the Caribbean use multiple docks.  For example St. Thomas, Cozumel are two.

I use cruisemapper to see the schedules.

Edited by Native Floridian 26

6 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

The Seashore itinerary says Puerto Plata, DR.  The port of Puerto Plata DR has two cruise terminals.  Amber Cove and Taino Bay. They are about 6 miles apart. Taino is not open until January.  Amber Cove is the existing dock showing all the ships docking there through December.

Several ports in the Caribbean use multiple docks.  For example St. Thomas, Cozumel are two.

I use cruisemapper to see the schedules.

Cruisemapper on Dec. 1 at Amber Cove shows 4 ships.  One is Celebrity Millennium which is at sea that day according to the Celebrity website so cruisemapper can't be trusted on this issue.  Plus, dock capacity is 2 ships and can't find any mention of tender operation for a that port.  Will have to wait until Amber Cove Dec. calendar is posted for more reliable information.

We were on a Carnival ship that stopped at Amber Cove. Took a private excursion through Iguana Mama that passed by the cruise port under construction.  The tour guide said it’s supposed to be open by mid-December.  Doesn’t look that way though.