View from Best Western marina inn

rainbird

Dose anyone like this hotel? You say it isn't a very nice place, in what ways? We are looking for a clean hotel with a place to eat with a view of the port. We have to really save to take this cruise and anything we can say on hotels help. We do not mind if things are old or wore, just so it is clean and safe. Thanks

Its one of the top three nasty hotels in Ft Lauderdale. The other 2 are on State Road 84.

A number of posters have said the parking lot is cleaner then the rooms. One said they would not let their dogs sleep there. Another said the bugs moved the end table during the night.

It's not a nice place at all.

Well, it used to be called the "Marina Motor Inn" and it had excellent views of part of the port as it is only 3 stories. All of the ships' officers often went and had drinks in the courtyard as it was a great place for them to take a break.

I stayed there many, many years ago and we stayed there year after year as it was a favorite spot, but this last year, we walked over to take a look, and I was so disappointed. However, the place was full, and I certainly would not feel badly if you stayed there. Ask for a place overlooking the port. You will only see the docks directly across from you and not the whole port. It is definitely not the Hyatt across the street, but if you want to pay the fare at the Hyatt, then that is a different story.

We changed many years ago to the Marriott, and since the storm and now since they have been purchased by Blackstone Group, the tower is not open to view the entire port. Have you considered Renaissance? I think it is reasonable and you can ask for a port view.

Regardless, have a wonderful trip, and that is great that you have saved for a long time for a great trip. When you board your ship, you will love it. The Marina Inn used to have an excellent dining room, but if for some reason you do not want to eat in the dining room, walk down to Bimini Boat Yard just a few blocks from where you are, or you can cross the 17th street bridge to the Marriott and enjoy their dining room. Dont' be too discouraged. Just go and do your own thing. Bon Voyage.

my husband and kids love this hotel . i like the embassy . but my husband is

cheap and he likes the tiki bar [they have a guy playing guitar at night on weekends]. my kids are in their twentys they like the bar and pool. and the staff

were very friendly to them.it not too far from the water taxi. yes you can see the cruise ships from hotel. we alway take a nice walk over the bridge.

Sandy cruiser, when did you stay at this Best Western last. Right now we are kind of turned off by all the bad posts, dirty, bugs, ect. This hotel has a lot of what we are looking for, location, dinner, bar. How would you rate this hotel? Thanks for the help.

I used to really like this hotel but over the years it has consistently gone down and I would never stay there again. Not only was it dirty but as a single woman I did not feel safe there any longer.

Last time in Ft. Lauderdale I tried the Amerisuites. While it is not fancy at all it was very reasonable in season, had a liquor store/convenience store within 1 block and supermarket 2 1/2 blocks. Also there are restaurants around to have a nice dinner the night before and in the morning they serve a full breakfast that was included.

This is where I will stay again.

Ellie:rolleyes:

Not surprised that the hotel is closing -- the property is too valuable for a dirty, disgusting hotel.

We stayed there in 1996 and it was bad but not as bad as is has been in the last few years. But by the '96 standards, hubby vowed to never go back.

Archived