Info on Golf in Bermuda

jacank

I'd like to know which golf courses are near Hamilton or St. George and approximately what the costs would be (greens fees, cart, clubs, etc.). Are any of them accessible by bus, or do you need to take a cab or rent bikes? I've heard Port Royal is gorgeous, but it's a bit too expensive for us. Does anyone know anything about the other courses?

Cruised to Bermuda last July and played 2 rounds of golf one at Belmont the other Port Royal. We brought our own clubs with us. No problem at all. We took taxis to the course - usually $20.00 there but on the way back you meet up with fellow cruisers or crew members willing to share a cab. That cost us $6.00. You can get there by bus. But there is quite a walk from the road up to the course. I would recommend a cab.

The biggest piece of advice I could give you is to book your golf yourself and not to book it through the cruise ship. I called directly to the golf courses and managed to get wonderful rates. For example Belmont - ship rates $120. I paid $60. so basically 2 for 1. Port Royal the ship offered it at $160. pp. I paid $120 PP.

You can cut a lot off the price if you bring your own equipment and book it yourself.

Archived