Private tours to Lamanai?

carontori

We booked ours through the ship (NCL Sea) as we weren't comfortable with the time in port vs. the length of the shore excursion. The checking I'd done on line didn't indicate much of a difference in price (I think it was only $10 pp), and just decided it wasn't worth it.

We did see one private excursion boat that had broken down while on the river portion of the trip -- I guess they had another one available that was able to transport the passengers, as there was only a couple of crew left on it, but this is one place where I feel more comfortable booking through the ship.

By the way, we found Lamanai very interesting, but very hot and humid when we were there last May.

I have read good things about the Lamanai tour through belizecruiseexcursions.com elsewhere on cruisecritic. Right now the only thing holding me back is the 4 person per reservation requirement they have (I only have 2 so far). If anyone else is going on the NCL dream 3/4/06, check out the roll call thread.

Here is a thread that has a cool video of an excursion to Lamanai, looks like fun to me.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=64802&highlight=lamani

Thanks for the feedback, I came to the same conclusion and have also booked through the ship.

We booked ours through the ship (NCL Sea) as we weren't comfortable with the time in port vs. the length of the shore excursion. The checking I'd done on line didn't indicate much of a difference in price (I think it was only $10 pp), and just decided it wasn't worth it.

Archived