Alaska Cruisetour on the Radiance 10 days HELP

cruzjunkie

My husband and I are booked on the 10 day alaska cruisetour on the Radiance (RCCL) leaving from Vancouver on July 22, 2006. 7 days on the boat visiting: vancouver, inside passage, sitka, skagway, juneau, icy strait point, hubbard glacier to seward and three on land going to 1st day: seward/anchorage/talkeetna, 2nd day: talkeetna/denali, 3rd day: denali/talkeetna/anchorage.

If anyone can tell me anything about the land portion, I would be very grateful. Are any meals included, what's lodging like, and any recommendations or avoid for shore excursions?

Any thoughts for or against shore excursions while we are on the ship, would be appreciated. The guys all want to go salmon fishing and be able to ship back any catches. Does anyone know a tour guide that will do this?

We booked this cruise with a group of friends and have not recieved much information from the travel agent. (She is not our personal travel agent) I personally have cruised multiple times before with Celebrity and am very nervous about this cruise. Probably, just because I can't seem to find out the information that I want.

If someone has already created a thread with this information, could you please just let me know the thread? I looked all over and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Thank you-

Cruzjunkie

We'll be doing our first Alaska cruise on Radiance this summer... we're doing the Southbound trip on June 3. We aren't doing the "tour" portion though, we do some Alaska touring on our own every summer. ;)

Since we haven't sailed yet, I probably can't answer a whole lot of your questions. Radiance gets some wonderful reviews. If you haven't read them yet, you can find them here:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=170

For excursions, we're doing:

Skagway - White Pass Railroad

Ketchikan - Misty Fjords Float Plane (independent excursion through Island Wings)

Juneau - Whale watching (independent excursion through Orca Enterprises)

Icy Point Straight - we'll tour the village on our own

The Alaska boards are a wealth of information! I did a ton of research over there to pick our excursions. There are several people over there that have done a lot of Alaska cruises and are very happy to share the information they've gained. If you have questions about Radiance or RCCL, this is definitely the place to get them answered. But for your Alaska tour or excursion questions, go to the Alaska board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

I'm sure you'll have a great trip! Have a good time researching/planning/dreaming.... it's half the fun! :)

Archived