Luggage storage in New Orleans

kdpatte

I just saw on NCL's FAQ's that they offer luggage storage post cruise for $25 for up to 4 bags and $5 for each additional bag.  And it also appears they take the luggage to the airport.  Assuming if it is still on their site it is still an option??  I know the Breakaway isn't in New Orleans yet but just wondering if anyone has done it lately in a different location.

What about luggage storage and delivery?

Services are available to store your luggage at the following ports.

Port Price Details
Barcelona 9,90€ per bag  
Venice 4,00€ per piece of luggage Luggage must be collected before ship’s sailing when the luggage deposit closes
Copenhagen and Civitavecchia n/a Luggage storage is not available
Tampa $7 USD for 2 guests (up to 4 bags)
$10 USD for 3 guests

New Orleans $25 USD for the first four (4) pieces of luggage
$5 USD for each additional piece.
All luggage within an order must have matching names. Oversized/overweight items may incur an additional fee. Service include delivery to airport.
Seattle $3.50 USD per bag Must be picked up by 3pm
Vancouver $7.50 USD per bag Luggage storage is only offered at Canada Place.
Los Angeles n/a Luggage storage is not available
Hawaii $5.00 USD per bag Luggage storage is located in the terminal from 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. (For terminal security purposes, we are unable to accept bags after 10 a.m.) Guests may retrieve their bags between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.

Please note that Miami, Boston and New York have no luggage storage available.

• 1 year later...
On 10/23/2021 at 9:53 PM, chloemonkey said:

Following.....as we have a LONG layover before flight home and this sounds like a dream come true.  We DID use this service in Seattle a couple of years ago and it worked like a dream!

I am planning to use the New Orleans luggage delivery to airport next week. Where is you luggage delivered at the airport. Do you have to claim it and then check it in at the Southwest baggage checkin kiosk?

23 minutes ago, Betsycruiser2 said:

I am planning to use the New Orleans luggage delivery to airport next week. Where is you luggage delivered at the airport. Do you have to claim it and then check it in at the Southwest baggage checkin kiosk?

Not sure if your service will be the same....as this was a while ago.  But in Seattle - the bags were put outside of our cabin the night before but they were tagged with the appropriate flight info, etc.  We did not see them until baggage claim at our final destination.  So the service that we used was not the one that goes from door to door......

We used this service pre-covid and it worked great. We disembarked through the normal process and then they had a representative on the way out of the terminal. I believe we retrieved them in the airport, where we then checked them for our flight. 

We did this but it was back in 2018, who knows what has since changed.  After customs etc there was a place to leave your bag and they transfered them to the airport.  They give you the information for pick up at the airport.  There was an space in the baggage claim area to pick them up.  It worked out good for us as we had about 8 hours or so before we had to go to the airport.  I don't remeber if this was done by NCL or was an independent company that took care of us. 

are you touring new orleans for the day?

or having breakfast and/or lunch in town before heading to the airport?

if so, there's a marriott within walking distance of the pier. (in fact, that's where NCL did covid testing after the restart.) it's maybe a half a mile... about a ten minute walk for most people without mobility issues.

consider taking your bags there, checking them with a bellman and then picking them up later in the day as you get a taxi or car service to the airport. if they refuse you (and if you're tipping both at drop off and pick up, i doubt they would), then go to the nearby hitlon, loew's or harrah's hotel and check your bags there.

A quick Google search led me to Bounce, which is a luggage storage company throughout the US. We used their services in NYC after getting off the Prima TA  and they have multiple locations in NOLA. You can book either online or through the app...typically $5-6 a bag and you do have to pre-pay. Our location was a souvenir store a few blocks from the port...they put the bags in a store room in the back and gave us claim tickets. Would use this company again.