COVID-testing advice needed

Twolittleboys

I am fairly sure that I know what to do but would like to see if anyone has heard differently:

I live in Germany and will be travelling on QE from Southampton to the Canary Islands in early December. As I am fully vaccinated, I believe I need to:

- Fill in the locator form before travelling from Germany to England

- Take a test sometime between day 0 and 2 (I am flying two days prior to the cruise so probably would take the test on day 1 in London)

- Fill in the locator form from the ship before it returns to Southampton, given transit as reason for the test exemption. Do not need a test even though I will have to travel from the Southampton port to a London airport as I am flying out on the day the cruise ends.

Is this correct based on current guidance (of course we all know it could change any minute)?

Obviously carry proof of your vaccination. Looks fine to me.

The last bit, when you arrive back on the cruise ship and then go out the same day from a London airport, seems to be covered exactly by this extract provided on another thread (my emphasis by colouring):

When you transit through England to international destinations

You do not need to quarantine on arrival or take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 and day 8. This applies if you are transiting airside or landside.

You must either:

• remain within your port of entry until your departure from England, or
  • travel directly from your port of entry to another port of departure in England