Port Canaveral to Orlando

CGCMP

We will be on the Sensation in May. The last day we will be arriving in Port Canaveral at 7:00am. Our plane does not leave Orlando until 6:00pm. What can we do during this time? Some have done Kennedy Space Center so that is out. There are 13 of us.

Actually, there is not a lot of time to kill here. Your cruise will dock at 7 am, you may be off the ship at 9 or 10. The ride to Orlando is just under 1 hour, this would get you to Orlando around 11 - 11:30 (if you are lucky). You need to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight (that would be around 4:00 PM) Orlando airport is very busy, so you do need to arrive early. So that leaves maybe 4 - 5 hours at the most to do something.

Do you already have transportation to Orlando? If you rented cars one way, you would have more freedom to do something in Orlando, but you are a big group, this could be expensive. How many drivers do you have, how much luggage do you need to fit into the vehicle. You can fit approximately 6 in a mini-van, but with luggage it is tight, and mini vans are expensive. If you are are three families, each could rent a compact car fairly cheap,and fit 4 people and luggage ok. If you take a shuttle, where would you leave your luggage while you did something fun?

These are just a few things to think about. There is much to do in Orlando, but to tell you the truth, I alway just head for the airport and wait it out. Sometimes I luck out and I'm able to get an earlier flight, otherwise I use the time to read and relax. Kids play games (video, computer, cards) or catch up on some sleep, and just chill.

I'm sure others will respond with some fun ideas, what ever you choose have fun!;)

Archived