Margaritaville--Negril vs Montego Bay

GA_Traveler

I will be in Montego Bay in November and I am looking at what to do.  The cruise line offers an excursion to the Margaritaville in Negril with a stop at Rick's Cafe to watch the divers.  I have read that there is also a Margaritaville in Montego Bay.   Is the Negril location better than Montego Bay? Is the beach there better? Is the drive worth it?

This is my first time in Jamaica so I am open for suggestions. 

Thanks.

Dawn

I've been to the Margaritaville in Negril but not the one in Montego Bay.  The Negril location is located on a spectacular beach.  That said, the actual establishment is nothing like a Margaritaville in the States.  It doesn't have the same clean and commercial feel.  We had a great time it just wasn't what we expected.

Rick's Cafe is great fun.  The divers are unbelievable.

The biggest problem that I see is that the drive from Montego Bay to Negril is very unpredictable.  We've stayed at all-inclusive resorts on Negril and always flown into Montego Bay.  The drive can be as quick as an hour or as long as three or four hours each way.  We've been delayed by a funeral procession and a high school soccer game.  If the drive only takes an hour then you will have a great day.  If the drive goes poorly then you're spending a day in a bus.  Negril is one of my all-time favorite places but I personally wouldn't take the chance of Negril on a cruise.

• Thanks 1