Magnifica...booked for Sept 10th....Canadian Questions....

Kelownabccan

Well... bit the bullet and booked the Magnifica for a 14 day cruise...hopefully by Sept the COVID stuff will be  starting to calm down....got a nice price for balcony ...deck 10 aft but when talking to booking agent made a mistake and let the booking go as Bella...thinking that was the second tier level.....later I looked at the MSC web site and saw that the Fantastica is the second tier level....and costs about $200 more for the both of us.......opinion....is it worth the effort to try and change the booking to Fantastica.......it seems the only extra perk is having breakfast in your cabin which we  rarely do anyways and the cabin we have is a really nice one aft on deck 10 a B1 cat.....easy if I want some coffee and muffins/fruit to to up and get it and bring to room anyways as rear elevators are close....lol.....as far as all inclusive...a waste for us as do not drink that much...no big problem to spent $7 for the odd beer or glass of wine.....

thoughts from all you expert MSC people

Fantastica gives you a better cabin choice and as you said, room service.   But as some of my fellow cruisers discovered recently - ordering a bacon and eggs kind of breakfast from room costs 7.95 - just the continental kind is free.  And you get a free professional photo.

If you already have the cabin you like then I wouldn't bother upgrading...at least not now.  You can always change your mind later.    

5 hours ago, Kelownabccan said:

is it worth the effort to try and change the booking to Fantastica.......it seems the only extra perk is having breakfast in your cabin which we  rarely do anyways and the cabin we have is a really nice one aft on deck 10 a B1 cat

Actually the real extra perks are the free photo (only possible on one special evening in the MDR, you will not be told which one without asking 😁. Hint: It is not Gala night). Calling it "professional" is technically correct 😉

And the extra voyager points. So if you close to hit Black and can make it with Fantastica and not with Bella it is a good idea to fork out the extra money. 

If you travel with kids there is another thing with the free special kids activities for Fantastica. Depends what is available but usually the kids want to join and then you have to swipe your cruise card with Bella 😜

The continental free breakfast on the room (which by the way was included in Bella before also) you probably will only order once, nothing worth to talk about. If you have a cabin on deck 10 aft, that is close to the best you can get. This is rather hard to get with Bella and you certainly got it only because you booked so early. So in your case upgrading from Bella to Fantastica would just mean two (for the second you usually have to fight with the photo desk 🙄) very expensive photos. 

So in your case upgrading from Bella to Fantastica would just mean two (for the second you usually have to fight with the photo desk 🙄) very expensive photos. Thanks Perakcruiser.....

Most of what I figured....a waste of another $200......I can take my own pics....lol.....when and where I want.....Going to leave the res as is and send in the status match stuff as we are quite high on HAL and Princess......and get some ship credit I guess..will check that stuff out

Funny how MSC lets your credits die after a year or two....makes it hard for people like us on the West coast of NA to use MSC very much.....a long 7 hr trek on a plane to Florida for a quick cruise...so easy to go to LAX in two....