We Rented A Zodiac!

NCEdwards4

We were in the Cayman Islands on Feb. 7th. We had a group of 10 of us and we wanted to do the usual stuff - stingray city, snorkeling... Instead of using a tour group, we rented a zodiac, which is a navy type boat that goes 60mph! This was awesome, we had our own tour guide/driver who took us wherever we wanted to go. He brought food for the stingrays and showed us how feed them. He was knowledgable about how to hold them, pet them and enjoy them. We stayed until we were ready to go, then we piled onto the boat and moved to our next destination. We were able to pass all of the other boats and had a great time just riding on the boat. Because of the type of boat it is, we were able to ride right up to the shoreline of Starfish beach and look around for starfish. My husband found a puffer fish and other interesting ones. Then we finished the tour with a ride around the mangroves where we saw exotic birds and iguanas. Everyone in our group thoroughly enjoyed this excursion. I booked it through grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com. It was $500 for a half day, so $50 per person. Please let me know if you have any questions about renting this great boat as it was the highlight of our trip.

Archived