Covid testing regime for Spain/Canary Islands cruises on Journey

Eloise4Ever

I am considering booking one of the Canary Islands cruises on Journey for December this year. I wondered if anybody booked on those cruises has any information on the current Covid testing regime. Are Azamara planning to test passengers prior to boarding or during the cruise? I know things could change between now and then but am curious to know what is planned currently.

12 minutes ago, Eloise4Ever said:

I am considering booking one of the Canary Islands cruises on Journey for December this year. I wondered if anybody booked on those cruises has any information on the current Covid testing regime. Are Azamara planning to test passengers prior to boarding or during the cruise? I know things could change between now and then but am curious to know what is planned currently.

I found this from the Azamara web site….

https://www.azamara.com/booked-guests/before-you-board/explore-well-at-sea/explore-well-travel-requirements

Click on the section for Spain and the Canary Islands.

Edited by takemewithyou
  • Like 1

Many thanks for that link, it's very helpful and kind of you to look for it on my behalf. Interestingly, it does state The protocols communicated here apply only to guests departing from Barcelona. As far as I can see, only one of the Journey itineraries departs from Barcelona so it will be interesting to see if the same advice goes for the round-trip Canary Islands cruises. 

We are booked for Canaries on 11 December.  According to Azamara web site we must have been double vaccinated 14 days before sailing and will be given a rapid COVID test prior to boarding in Gran Canaria.

https://www.azamara.co.uk/booked-guests/before-you-board/explore-well-at-sea

Web site also suggests another test prior to disembarkation but I’m not sure why as this is not a current Spanish requirement.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2021 at 9:11 PM, ElmaLee said:

We are booked for Canaries on 11 December.  According to Azamara web site we must have been double vaccinated 14 days before sailing and will be given a rapid COVID test prior to boarding in Gran Canaria.

Web site also suggests another test prior to disembarkation but I’m not sure why as this is not a current Spanish requirement.

We are on this one as well so it's good to know what we will need 😊

• Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 4:11 PM, ElmaLee said:

Maybe for folks who need it as a requirement to fly home.