Whistler Resort

WE are going on the 2 July Infinity.

Was wondering how Whistler Village is in the summer. WE are planning on staying 2 days at Delta Whister Suites in the village.

Would like to hear how Whistler is in the summer and surrounding areas.. Any sights not to miss. IS there much to do in the summer

How long is the drive from Vancouver.

Any recommendations on restaurants.

Thanks

Whistler has lots to do in both the winter and summer. We went about 7 years ago in October and found things to do and had a wonderful time. I would check out their website:

http://www.whistler.com/playhere/info/whistler-summer-activities.html

Not sure how long it will take to get there from Vancouver now, I heard the highway is being worked on for the 2010 winter Olympics. The above website should have more info on the drive. It took us 2-2 1/2 hours when we went.

Whistler will be great in June. Lots to do. The snow will be gone from the lower parts of the mountains, but the Whistler and Blackcomb lifts will still be operating for hikers and sightseers. There is a good chance of spotting bears, deer and other wildlife from the lifts. Good golfing nearby, also.

The drive from downtown Vancouver (very scenic, by the way) is about 1.5 hours, BUT there will be lots of construction on the highway as they upgrade it for the 2010 Winter Olympics. I would allow 2 hours + for the drive each way.

Enjoy!

I agree the drive is one of the best "things to do". Allow a little extra time to stop along the way to admire the views and visit roadside waterfalls etc. You might want to look into local hikes, mountain biking etc. if that interests you. I found the shops in the village to be a little monotonous...lots of t-shirts and fleece, rather short on anything else. There are lots of places to eat though! We just ate where ever we were at the moment!

I much prefer Whistler in the summer to the winter as i am not a alpine skier.

Here's a link to what's available in summer in Whistler.

http://www.whistler.com/playhere/info/whistler-summer-activities.html

As for the drive up - give yourself at least half a day - you will want to stop at the following attractions - Porteau Cove, Britannia Beach and the Museaum of Mining, Shannon Falls, Squamish, Alice Lake, Tantalus lookout, Brandywine Falls.

Here's a link for the Sea to Sky corridoor as the Whistler highway is now known.

http://www.seatoskycountry.net/seatosky.html

Cheers

Dennis

At least 2.5 hours with the construction. There are lots of great places to stop along the way. The road is very windy at first but straigtens out towards the top.

There is a zip line up there that is supposed to be really fun. Also, you can take the gondola to the top and bike down the mountain. There are a number of hikes in the area.

Restaurants: Ric's Steakhouse. Very good.

Archived