Snorkeling Grand Cayman

katiel53

A few years ago we purchased a snorkeling trip in GC while on a Carnival cruise. The snorkeling was just off the main street in Georgetown. We got into a boat, but basically went nowhere. We all got out and snorkeled. We knew it went nowwhere and when it was time to get out of the water, we just walked up some steps to the main street. Does anyone know if that location is still one for snorkeling? Can we snorkel there without purchasing a trip from the cruiseline?

If we are able to do so, what do we do with beach cover-ups, towels etc? We are doing this cruise on RCCL. It just seemed ludicrous to spend money to go 50 ft from the main street. If we can only do snorkeling thru the ship, we will do so. Thanks so much.

We were there last week on Brilliance and we did an independent tour with Capt.Marvin which was great. Went out to 2 reef stops and then stingray city. Small group and water all to ourselves. Much better than a ship's tour with many, many people. I highly recommend this.

Eden's Rock and Devil's Grotto are both just a short walk from the pier, and from what I've heard, very good snorkeling. And Free!! You can rent equipment at Eden Rock Diving, and I think they also have lockers for rent.

We're going in May, and plan on doing Stingray City in the morning and snorkeling on our own for the rest of the day near Eden Rock.

Archived