Bring a blender?

LICRUISER2GO

Tailgate party? GEEZ I wasn't told about this. I will bring my fold down tailgate barbecue to the balcony, the blender for drinks, the fan to cool everyone down and the sun lamp to keep everyone tan.

Ha Ha Ha Ha

Nancy

:o :o :o Just wanted to add, after my little bad laughter comment I have to apologize. Member of the the party traveling with us, called to say they found a small protable blender and are taking it with them so we can have a pina colada party in the room. My mother always taught me, watch what you say, I will come spank in then hiney when you are not looking.

Humbley accept apology :o :o

Nancy

Good point, Donna. Besides, a martini shaker is so much easier to pack. :D

But I've seen people bring blenders! I think that's why Princess cut off the fruit juice during the day. I'm sure if you tipped a bartender who wasn't too busy, one could whip up a smoothie for you.

That's easy to solve. Just bring a covered container (empty soda bottle, insulated coffee mug, etc.) and fill it up with orange juice from the buffet in the morning. Then stash it in your fridge. We didn't bring a blender, but we did bring Tequila and this was great for Tequila Sunrises!

I always ordered several extra juices from the morning room service the night before,we had our seabreezes everyday in our room:D

Good point, Donna. Besides, a martini shaker is so much easier to pack. :D

But I've seen people bring blenders! I think that's why Princess cut off the fruit juice during the day. I'm sure if you tipped a bartender who wasn't too busy, one could whip up a smoothie for you.

Coming from Australia to cruise, none of these suggestions (sarcastic or not) are silly. At the end of the day, we all take a cruise for different reasons, and many of us have different budgets, some of which don't always extend to the luxury of having drinks made for us at a fee.

At the end of the day, you pay for the room - how you use it and what you bring to plug in is completely up to you, as long as you don't violate basic safety regulations. A blender for drinks gets a big tick from me, as would any number of electrical devices that added to the enjoyment of my holiday.

Cheers

Ash

I heard from someone that they bring a blender on their cruise to make smoothies...anyone out there do this?

YES! We personally don't but one of the couples in our cruising group always does. They go out each year and buy the cheapest one they can find, usually around $15 dollars, and pack it with their scuba gear. At the end of the cruise they give it to their room steward who always seems thrilled. Our group always books four balcony cabins in a row and we leave the doors open. In the afternoon there is always "happy hour" with blender drinks, wine and munchies. One of the other guys even brings his portable CD player and small speakers so we even have music. Go figure - all I bring is too many pairs of shoes! :eek:

I'm bringing a leaf blower to clean the leaves and other debris from my balconey. I'll try not to use it between midnight and 6 AM for the comfort of my neighboring cabins.

Jim

I understand they are also useful to clear the neighbor's cigar smoke from your balcony.

A guy at our table on our recent Hawaii cruise said he had a blender in his room to make some kind of "diet" smoothie in the morning rather than indulge in the ship breakfast. He was trying to "maintain" his weight but the funny thing was that I never saw him eat a salad. He would order a meat selection and every bit of that meat would be consumed. In fact, his plate was so clean that the server could have put it in the clean plate pile. If I have a steak I cut off the fat or gristle. Anyway, he said he was going to throw the blender away after the cruise rather than lugging it home.

John L.

John,

Eating just the meat is not that unusual a diet. I lost a few pounds and leaned down considerably by avoiding bread and starches and eating meat. I worked off the fat from meat easily. I never was overweight but did enjoy having the lean body. Guess I will have to try that diet again.:)

I never diet on a cruise. I have the rest of the year to do that!

Thanks for the info on the blenders. Will have to check on that Bullet Blender. My 92 year old Mom isn't always up to eating solid food, so at home I make a banana shake with ensure and ice cream for her lunch.

I will have to go up to the ice ceam bar as soon as it opens in the afternoon I guess.

Which brings up another question. Do the pay ice cream stations make shakes? If so, maybe I could bring her ensure there and have them blend it in. Wouldn't need the blender then.

I say to each his/her own. Never fails, there's always someone that has to be sarcastic. I'm not sure that my bringing a blender is going to affect anyone else's ability to enjoy their cruise so if that floats my boat so be it. (However, I am sure my blender will affect my MIL and my cruise! In a good way!) Now, if I asked someone to carry my luggage that would be a different deal.

Whatever happened to....

if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it????

There appear to be, based on this thread, at least a couple of real needs for a blender. Mine is not a real need, but neither is a vacation. Both are just perks. But I am glad that there are people willing to answer questions for people that are geniunely seeking information. That is what this forum is set up for.

Theresa,

When I started this thread,I was asking a valid question.I just laughed off the sarcastic posts:D.Since then, I did decide to bring the blender with us, we are going to be in our first balcony cabin and we're going with my family and some friends(20 in all).We plan on enjoying our little private parties on our balcony making pina coladas, daiquiris,and other kinds of frozen drinks......so when some of these guys are blowing smoke and debri off their balconies with their leaf blowers:rolleyes:LOL...Im gonna be whipping up quite a few frozen drinks and saving about $8-11 for each drink I make:D

Happy Cruising each and everyone of you:cool:

I say to each his/her own. Never fails, there's always someone that has to be sarcastic. I'm not sure that my bringing a blender is going to affect anyone else's ability to enjoy their cruise so if that floats my boat so be it. (However, I am sure my blender will affect my MIL and my cruise! In a good way!) Now, if I asked someone to carry my luggage that would be a different deal.

Whatever happened to....

if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it????

There appear to be, based on this thread, at least a couple of real needs for a blender. Mine is not a real need, but neither is a vacation. Both are just perks. But I am glad that there are people willing to answer questions for people that are geniunely seeking information. That is what this forum is set up for.

[quote name='LICRUISER2GO']Theresa,
When I started this thread,I was asking a valid question.I just laughed off the sarcastic posts:D.Since then, I did decide to bring the blender with us, we are going to be in our first balcony cabin and we're going with my family and some friends(20 in all).We plan on enjoying our little private parties on our balcony making pina coladas, daiquiris,and other kinds of frozen drinks......so when some of these guys are blowing smoke and debri off their balconies with their leaf blowers:rolleyes:LOL...Im gonna be whipping up quite a few frozen drinks and saving about $8-11 for each drink I make:D
Happy Cruising each and everyone of you:cool:[/QUOTE]

Great idea Theresa! Recommend you order the booze in advance from Princess as a gift to yourself. The prices are great, it will be delivered to your cabin and sure beats trying to pack the stuff. Depending on what you want to mix with it you can either bring your own mixers or just take glasses of juice or milk back to your cabin from the Horizon in the AM. They store easily in the refrig. You can even order extra stuff from the room service breakfast card and just let them deliver it, just make sure you tip a couple of bucks. Our travel mates even bring fancy plastic glasses that get thrown away at the end of the trip. Hey, maybe the guy grilling on his Webber will exchange a grilled burger for one of your cocktails! :D

Archived