Back From Mexican Riviera - Mercury 2/3 - Photos Posted

rspro

If I am interpreting your question right, the flowers, great daytime vista and building with thatched roof is the Flamingo Hotel. It is included in one of the excursions showing the "golden era" of Acapulco. There is actually a restaurant there but the tour did not include time to sit and enjoy a drink. I'll update those descriptions to make sure we're in synch. As a follow-on, the entire beach is dotted with great little places with thatched roofs, great food and adventurous beverages. Everyone was very friendly and accomodating even when we struck out on our own.

Sorry to be a pest, but was this a tour arranged through Celebrity, or one you set up yourself? I think I found it in the cruise booklet -- it looks like it included a good deal.

Kay

Yes, the tour which included the Flamingo Hotel was AC1A City tour and Cliff Divers. The divers are a must see, everything else on the tour depends on your tastes, but the city center and church were very nice. After that, we struck out on our own at about 1 or 2PM.

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful photos (and to think you 'strippped' them -- yikes! The full version must be astonishing!

It's a long time until December and our PC cruise stops at only some of the ports you covered. However, your photos have certainly ratcheted up our anticipation level. Thanks again.

Hi rspro,

Did you go on an excursion in Acapulco? It looks like you were in a number of different places -- the fort, cliff divers, etc. If so, was it a privately arranged tour, or arranged through Celebrity? Thanks for answering my questions.

Yes, the tour which included the Flamingo Hotel was AC1A City tour and Cliff Divers, arranged through the ship. The divers are a must see, everything else on the tour depends on your tastes, but the city center and church were very nice. After that, we struck out on our own at about 1 or 2PM.

Archived