Panorama Thermal Suite

ScottsSweetie

I've done a You Tube search and have come up empty on a video for the Panorama Thermal Suite (lots of others there).

Would love your thoughts on it, especially if you have cruised post-Covid restart. Are masks required in this area? I'm guessing the sauna and steam rooms that are included are co-ed? What did you like about it, and what did you dislike about it? 

I'm thinking about getting a weeklong pass for several reasons. #1 we are on Thanksgiving week, so I anticipate that capacity will be pretty close to the top of whatever is currently being called "full". #2 DH absolutely LOVES hot tubs, but I have a problem with either the kids in them, or the adults who haven't gotten out in 3 hours but have been drinking the entire time, so I'm hoping that this could be a great happy medium for us. (But is a thalassotherapy pool the same as a hot tub?) #3 I anticipate a little bit cooler weather on the first/last day of this cruise so thought this could be a great place to be.

I just got off Panorama on Oct 30. I had a spa cabin that included unlimited access to the thermal suite. I loved it. Second time I’ve had access to this area. I’ll answer your questions from my most recent experience. Masks: not required in the thermal area. I wore mine to walk through the spa front desk and took it off once inside. Nobody wore it while relaxing and it probably isn’t possible in the steam rooms. The entire area is coed. I enjoyed going in, sitting in the steam rooms, soaking quick in the tub and the rain showers. Just a relaxing experience for me. 

The thalassotherapy pool is not a hot tub. Water is like warm at best (even compared to other Carnival hot tubs). This pool is the only miss in Panorama’s spa area in my opinion. When I used the thermal suite on Splendor the pool was much larger and conducive for several people to sit in and actually soak. Panorama’s is shallow and very small. 3 people fit in it tops. 

I think the area is worth the week pass charge, if you enjoy steam rooms and saunas. It might be more economical to upgrade to a spa cabin than paying for both people in the cabin to have a week pass. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1