Watersports on Legend

DogLover45

We will be on the Legend in February and we will probably want to take advantage of the watersports platform.   Does anyone know if you need to make reservations in advance to use a kayak?   Do they have enough kayaks on board that it is relatively easy to get one when you want one?  Are they single kayaks only or do they have tandem kayaks?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, don't know anything about the wifi service, but we are probably going to take the "All-In" package.  We are going (hopefully) end of February.   Same trip is also in the beginning of February.  Right now, we're still trying to decide whether it's worth it for us to take the trip - depending on what is allowed off-ship.    We have until end of December to make a final decision -and I'm hoping that people who are doing this in December can provide good feedback. 

I have not been on the Legend in the Caribbean, but I have been on the Windsurf. You may know some of this, so sorry if it’s a repeat for you. 

The sports deck will only be open if the ship is at anchor, not docked, and if the conditions are favorable for people to use it. You can look on your itinerary and it will show you which ports are at anchor. Our experience on three cruises in the area was that the platform was open maybe a little less than half of the days it could have been.

When it was open, we have not had any problem heading down there and using any equipment like kayaks. I don’t recall a sign up sheet. It’s a very laid back operation and most people are ashore. That could vary now if people just stay onboard because they don’t want bubble excursions. 

They have tandem kayaks- see this page: 

https://www.windstarcruises.com/blog/water-sports-platform/

I hope some of this is helpful. We won’t be on the Legend until next September, so I’m a little bit jealous. 🙂

Edited by Pudgesmom