Mega Rock Star - Any questions

Craig1970

Yes we did it’s a really nice seating area very comfortable outdoor couch’s .

Biggest difference is for the lunch you have waitress service while  the other food service is more like a buffet. 
The club and Bimimi is absolutely beautiful. 

• Like 1

For mega rock stars (sorry I have a lot of questions) 

1. How were your roadies? What kinds of things were they able to assist with? 
2. were the drink pairings at test kitchen included in the “daily bar tab”? 
3. Did you use their service to unpack/ pack? If so how did that go?

4. Did you use the laundry service? How was that? 
5. did you go on the grog walk and if so did you have to pay or was it included in the “daily bar tab”?

6. How is Richard’s rooftop? Is there food up there or only drinks? 
7. Did you get to go to the “secret bar” or bridge tour or anything else specifically for rockstars / mega rockstars? 

thanks for offering to answer questions…

we are going for a belated honeymoon first anniversary May 22

My best to answer these in order

1.Alexander  was our roadie he was awesome!  He changed all of our dinner reservations because my wife did not like the times that I had picked. Got us into every show  we wanted. Gave us a beautiful fruit platter a bottle of champagne for anniversary dinner. Not the small little bottle that’s included in the room but the big bottle.

2 The drink pairings were not included we did pay extra for those in test kitchen . 

3 I wanted them to unpack but I was overruled by the wife so we didn’t use that service

4 We did use the laundry service for our bathing suits a couple days just leave them in the bag and they come back the next day folded and dry beautiful

5 No Grog we missed it we were eating dinner it’s only offered on the first night

6 Richard rooftop is like your own private retreat there’s no food but there’s a bar at 5o’clock to bring around complimentary champagne and a hot tub all to our self most of the time it’s beautiful

7 We did not find the secret bar but we did get a Really cool bridge tour

Couple of things I did notice whatever restaurant we ate at we always had it seem like the best table in the restaurant overlooking the ocean  if there was a window.

The bar tab is $25 a drink and two bottles up to $95 Per day. 
The unlimited bar in the room truly is unlimited. 

Once you open something they give you a brand new bottle the next day even if you only took a sip out of it. 
One thing they  don’t mention anywhere it seems like you have your own private housekeeper he  came in at least three or four times a day and tidied up the room. 

A beautiful Brand new Chevy suburban picked us up from Fort Lauderdale and brought us back to Fort Lauderdale after the cruise was over. 

It was worth every single penny we spent! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Craig1970 said:

My best to answer these in order

1.Alexander  was our roadie he was awesome!  He changed all of our dinner reservations because my wife did not like the times that I had picked. Got us into every show  we wanted. Gave us a beautiful fruit platter a bottle of champagne for anniversary dinner. Not the small little bottle that’s included in the room but the big bottle.

2 The drink pairings were not included we did pay extra for those in test kitchen . 

3 I wanted them to unpack but I was overruled by the wife so we didn’t use that service

4 We did use the laundry service for our bathing suits a couple days just leave them in the bag and they come back the next day folded and dry beautiful

5 No Grog we missed it we were eating dinner it’s only offered on the first night

6 Richard rooftop is like your own private retreat there’s no food but there’s a bar at 5o’clock to bring around complimentary champagne and a hot tub all to our self most of the time it’s beautiful

7 We did not find the secret bar but we did get a Really cool bridge tour

Couple of things I did notice whatever restaurant we ate at we always had it seem like the best table in the restaurant overlooking the ocean  if there was a window.

The bar tab is $25 a drink and two bottles up to $95 Per day. 
The unlimited bar in the room truly is unlimited. 

Once you open something they give you a brand new bottle the next day even if you only took a sip out of it. 
One thing they  don’t mention anywhere it seems like you have your own private housekeeper he  came in at least three or four times a day and tidied up the room. 

A beautiful Brand new Chevy suburban picked us up from Fort Lauderdale and brought us back to Fort Lauderdale after the cruise was over. 

It was worth every single penny we spent! 

Thank you so much for answering all my questions! I really appreciate it. Sounds like you rocked it! We couldn’t be more excited about our trip. Thanks for adding to the excitement..

Hi Craig. Thanks for the information. I sail in 3 weeks with my daughter.

Did you try out the Spa? 

We are in the Massive Suite, due to 4 cancellations and the rolling over of FCC. It looks like the people enjoying Richard's Rooftop can look directly down onto the outdoor area of the Suite. Is this true? I am probably the last person anyone would want to gawk down on but it is giving me a moment of worry!

We are being picked up from our Hotel. The only correspondence I got was that they received my request and will "see us then". Do they make more firm arrangements closer to the day of?

Thanks!

The people in riches rooftop can look down into the massive  suites but it’s very difficult the glass is high and it has a tint to it. I would not worry about my privacy it’s very private. 
about two weeks ago I received an email from virgin with all the information for the car service it was very detailed and gave the pick up time and any and extra phone numbers to call in case the car was not there.  Our pick up time was 1 PM the car was there at 12:30 in our driveway waiting.   Upon our return to the dock our pick up time was 11 AM the driver called me at 10 and said he was there on the dock waiting for us it was very very smooth. 
Yes we tried to spa went to the mudroom the steam room the salt room and the hot and cold plunge pools.  Not really a spa person but it was fun,  clean and very relaxing. They  give you these extra thick robes and nice slippers to wear. 
One of the nicest things were being a deck 15 is once you walk out towards the galley there’s a bar that has fresh squeezed juice.  It’s the only place on the ship you can get fresh squeeze juice and it’s awesome.  There is another bar that does it down on the deck 7 but they never seem to be open. 

• Like 2

Hi! We just upgraded ourselves from a Seriously Suite to a Gorgeous suite and are now Seriously Stoked about this cruise!!! Do you have any photos from your Gorgeous suite? I was just on a Celebrity cruise and saw Scarlet Lady in port of Miami and Cozumel and she is absolutely beautiful - that grey and red colour scheme is just so striking! 

Will you be booking VV again do you think? Once a mega Rockstar always a mega rockstar?

No pictures I can share but rest assumed it’s exactly like advertised on the web site. 
We got a great deal on our mega Rock star suite, I don’t know if we can afford it again.  

Our next cruise will be in August and booked a seriously suite.   

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks for sharing your experience. We’re booked in a Gorgeous Suite in November. 

I’m just checking that the daily bar tab is $25 total or you pay extra for drinks the exceed $25? We drink espresso with breakfast so drinks always add up pretty quick. 

19 minutes ago, Fogcityca13 said:

Thanks for sharing your experience. We’re booked in a Gorgeous Suite in November. 

I’m just checking that the daily bar tab is $25 total or you pay extra for drinks the exceed $25? We drink espresso with breakfast so drinks always add up pretty quick. 

Unlimited drinks up to $25 per drink, and 2 bottles of wine up to $90 each/day.  If whatever you want is above those limits, you unfortunately have to pay the full amount. 

Makes NO sense for some of them, like the bottles of Moet that are $95 when you "shake for champagne" (so you'd have to pay every time you did that!) but free by the glass within your $25/drink limit.

Edited by _tacocat_
  • Like 1

Thanks for the clarification on the bar tab, our first time on VV so triple checking everything.

I totally agree it’s silly that you can have unlimited amount of glasses vs having to pay for a bottle. I’ve read that NCL will apply your drink credit to a purchase.

• Like 1

Thank you, Craig! A gf and I just upgraded to the Gorgeous suite for our November 2022 cruise. We're very excited about living the posh life on our cruise. 

What's this about a secret bar? Anyone have more details? My travel companion has indicated her perfect vacation away from the hubby and little consists of sleeping, drinking, and the occasional meal. So, if I could locate for her a secret bar I suspect her life would be complete. 🤣

1 hour ago, CruzinMermaid said:

Thank you, Craig! A gf and I just upgraded to the Gorgeous suite for our November 2022 cruise. We're very excited about living the posh life on our cruise. 

What's this about a secret bar? Anyone have more details? My travel companion has indicated her perfect vacation away from the hubby and little consists of sleeping, drinking, and the occasional meal. So, if I could locate for her a secret bar I suspect her life would be complete. 🤣

Not sure if they're using it yet, but there's a teeeeeeensy bar by the medical center called IV.  The crew we spoke to in December said they were basically using it as a storage room because it was too small to socially distance (this was even before they ramped up COVID protocols).

I've also read that some people get invited to the crew bar as well as a private magic show in the wee hours, but not sure how you get those invites!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

Not sure if they're using it yet, but there's a teeeeeeensy bar by the medical center called IV.  The crew we spoke to in December said they were basically using it as a storage room because it was too small to socially distance (this was even before they ramped up COVID protocols).

I've also read that some people get invited to the crew bar as well as a private magic show in the wee hours, but not sure how you get those invites!

Thanks, @_tacocat_!

I wonder if a polite hint dropped to the fabulous roadie might secure a special invite. Or simply being nice to fun crew members.  Hopefully by November this pandemic has calmed down to an endemic dull roar.

• Like 1

There's also a lot of backstage invites and secret drinking done on Scarlet Night.

We were taken to a private bar to 'hear the tale' of the event, given a few shots and sent on our way.  

I can also confirm the slight-of-hand magic act.  It's one of the members of the Cirque-like troupe, but they're talented enough to pull it off.  Close up magic is by-far the most difficult thing to do well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CruzinMermaid said:

Thanks, @_tacocat_!

I wonder if a polite hint dropped to the fabulous roadie might secure a special invite. Or simply being nice to fun crew members.  Hopefully by November this pandemic has calmed down to an endemic dull roar.

We’re hopeful for things to settle down by November as well. Have a short RCL cruise  out of LA booked for May, but really looking forward to a longer trip in November.

• Like 1