New York Cruise and Hotel info for July 2004

Hey All,
Please help!! I am taking my wife to New York for her birthday in July 2004. The last time I was there I was working in Jamaica Queens so she did not get to see alot. This time I have booked her a Royal Luzury Suite at the Waldorf Astoria for a week and then we sail to the Bahamas,out of New York, on the Miracle, July 17th. We have done a guarantee balcony cabin.
If you can spare some time, please let us know about the hotel, the embarkation/debarkation, the ship, things to see and do in New York. We are arriving at JFK so any car service info would be very helpful.
I just want to make this birthday for my wife very special as she always finds time to take care of me!!

Thanks

Jubilee May 1994
Inspiration May 1996
RCCL Cruise May 1997
Holiday Feb 1999
Elation May 1999
Victory Feb 2001
Triumph Feb 2002
Elation Feb 2003
Miracle Jul 2004

First of all, the hotel you have chosen is beautiful. The staff is very willing to do anything to make your stay more pleasent and if you let them know there is a special occasion, they might even decorate your room, or at least put some flowers in there for you.
As for the embarkation point - in NY you sail out of the NY Passenger ship terminal located on the west side of the island of Manhattan. 12th Ave and 54th St, I think. Its only accessible by cab or car, so either take a taxi or rent a limo or something to get there from your hotel.
Depending on how many days you have in NY, there is sooo much to do. I have no idea what you and your wife are interested in, but the Empire State Building is a perfect choice for someone who has only seen Jamaica Queens when in NYC. You could go to Rockefeller Center, have lunch in Central Park, check out the MET, go shopping, the opportunities are endless. I have never flown in or out of JFK, but I would reccomend just hopping in a cab to get to your hotel. Expect to pay 45 bucks or so since they just raised the taxi rates in NYC. You can also rent a town car if you want something a bit more luxurious. Probably just go to the JFK website for info on ground transportation.
I've never been on that ship, so I cant help you there.
Have a great time!!

Carnival Victory, here I come!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;02;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

If you and your wife are into Broadway shows check out the Times Squrae Ticket Booth. They will have a list of shows posted for 1/2 price. It's a great deal! Also you can go to Central Park for a buggy ride, the zoo, or just walk around. Have a great trip.

Hope you aren't dissapointed with the Waldorf. I would just assume stay at the Marriott Marquis in the heart of Time Square. Also, Hot Show Ticket Club has some great discount coupons for Broadway shows and unlike the Time Square Ticket Booth, you can do advance purchase with their coupons. I believe they have an 800 number you can call to see what shows they are offering discounts for.
Also, as for cruise dropoff, a little advise. Have your driver come across to 12th Avenue below 50th and come uptown on 12th. Have him drop you off on the uptown side of 12th and walk across the street. You'll save youself some time waiting in traffic and money on the meter!! Enjoy your trip!!!

<html>
<head>
<title></title>
</head>
<body>
<font color="#FF0000">Grand Princess 2-2001</font>
<font color="#0000FF">Grand Princess 12-2001</font>
<font color="#FF8000">Carnival Paradise 3-2002</font>
<font color="#FF00FF">Carnival Destiny 10-2002</font>
<font color="#008000">Golden Princess 10-2003</font>
<font color="#0000A0">Carnival Legend 6-8-2004</font>
[img]http://mywebpages.comcast.net/tshoo/dice.gif[/img]