Regatta same as TP?

llarsen

Hello,

We are new to Oceania. We are booked on the Regatta for the Caribbean in January 2007, and can't wait! We were recently told at a travel show by a TA selling Oceania cruises, that the Regatta is the sister ship to the Tahitian Princess. Is this true? We have sailed on the TP and loved it, so this is not a problem, I was just wondering why no one else has mentioned it. I also heard a rumor that Princess is selling the Tahitian Princess and was wondering if Oceania is buying it and if so, will they be doing French Polynesia?

Thanks for any info you have.

Linda

Yes, the TP is identical. They were sister ships when in the Renaissance fleet. You will feel just like you are stepping on the TP when you board the Regatta. I love those ships as well. Never sailed them as Ren, but my first exposure to that type of ship was also on the TP. I had previously sailed on many other small ships such as Silver Seas, and I think I like these much, much better.

I don't know about Princess selling the TP. Sure hope not.

They were identical, but Princess made some changes to their two R class vessels.

Princess added public restrooms adjacent to the Nightclub, Deck 10, converted some of the "obstructed view" cabins on deck 6 to crew cabins, and dropped the passenger load to 670. Princess found they need more space for crew/entertainers.

I believe that Princess has also added refrigerators to standard balcony cabins; I do know that it was planned, but sure if it has been completed. Pacific Princess did not have them when we were on, 11-03, Papeete to Sydney.

Princess operates the two specialty restaurants on alternate nights, and does run the Lido eating area 24hrs like their other ships, rather than Oceania's traditional times/service in the Lido.

Despite the rumors, I don't think Princess will give up either Tahitian Princess or Pacific Princess (new) in the forseeable future. They continue to be fully booked.

Archived