Carnival Miracle - Pics of Extended Balcony Cabins, Category 8J?

sailawaybellaluna

Hello friends!

I'm so happy to be back on the boards after a 20-month absence! On Saturday I saw some crazy offers come through for the coming weeks for cruises on the Miracle, so I booked one very last minute without doing any research (which is not typical for me at all)!

I ended up booking an 8J extended balcony cabin on Deck 5 - 5122 to be exact.  I'm just wondering if anyone has stayed in this category of cabin and would be willing to share feedback or photos? I've typically done an aft balcony or the L-shaped (or just the basic) but never an 8J.

I've missed writing reviews, so I hope to compile lots of details and pics from our 5-night voyage and work on it when I return.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

The regular 8J extended balcony cabins on Spirit-class ships have balconies that are 1.5 times as "deep" as a standard balcony... meaning 50% more distance between the cabin window/door and the balcony railing. Other than that, they are the same as standard balconies.

There are some exceptions (e.g., bowling-alley balconies) but 5122 is a regular 8J.