NOLA embarkation.

lixogab

1 hour ago, The Traveling Man said:

Google Maps will give you an exact layout of the area.  Look for "Julia Street Cruise Terminal."  There are several Marriott properties in the area.  It looks like the testing is being done in the Marriott Warehouse / Convention Center Hotel which is about 1000 feet from the Cruise Terminal.  If you are planning to stay in New Orleans the night before your cruise and choose the Marriott at the Convention Center, you can leave your bags in your room, go downstairs to take your test, then go back to your room and finish packing before walking to the pier.

I am thinking of getting an Uber directly to the Marriott (already have a non-refundable booking for Old 77 Hotel and Chandlery - less than a $10 ride away), getting tested and then going to pier.

9 minutes ago, tafawke said:

I am thinking of getting an Uber directly to the Marriott (already have a non-refundable booking for Old 77 Hotel and Chandlery - less than a $10 ride away), getting tested and then going to pier.

If you are a Marriott Rewards member, you probably can get the hotel to store your luggage briefly while you are getting tested.  That way you won't have to lug it around with you or drop it off first at the pier.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, justhappy said:

I found this very helpful video on YouTube regarding the testing location and check in for New Orleans.

Thank you for sharing - we are staying at the Marriott Warehouse Arts District - is this where you have to go for testing?

On 11/23/2021 at 1:45 PM, krittykat said:

OK  just got my edocs (after talking with NCL chat - they got hung up for some reason).  Looking at them - interesting - "Time you have selected to arrive at Pier:  OPEN"
I guess we can arrive at any time.   We are in the Haven - is that the reason?

Ours also say "The time you have selected to arrive at the pier: "Open"". I called NCL and was told since we are in the Haven we don't have a specific time (we can show up when we want).  We just had to choose something during the check-in process.  

4 minutes ago, pateoreo1 said:

Ours also say "The time you have selected to arrive at the pier: "Open"". I called NCL and was told since we are in the Haven we don't have a specific time (we can show up when we want).  We just had to choose something during the check-in process.  

I thought that might have been the case. Nice. We shall get there early for testing and be ready to go for when they start boarding.

On 11/26/2021 at 4:05 PM, pateoreo1 said:

Thank you for sharing this information! That seems like something they could have shared with everyone it applies to 🤷 We're sailing on 12/12 and we're in the Haven. When I tried to register on the eurofins site it freaked out and I had to start over. In the few minutes it took me to do that the earliest time slot was an hour later. We drive in from a few hours away the morning of, and that can make arrival times hard to pin down. I'll just plan to get there early as we always do and not worry about having to wait until our time slot. 

On 11/26/2021 at 5:05 PM, pateoreo1 said:

That is not haven specific. I am cruising on the Gem next week in an inside cabin out of New York and my edocs say Open. When i compare my edocs to my previous Breakaway cruise back in October also out of New York it had the time i selected

I think the Open time could be related to the Platinum benefits of having priority embarkation perk that is listed on the NCL website 

Edited by shof515

52 minutes ago, shof515 said:

That is not haven specific. I am cruising on the Gem next week in an inside cabin out of New York and my edocs say Open. When i compare my edocs to my previous Breakaway cruise back in October also out of New York it had the time i selected

I think the Open time could be related to the Platinum benefits of having priority embarkation perk that is listed on the NCL website 

I just took a look at my Edocs.  There are two different locations on them that times are listed.  At the very top right of the Edocs is "Terminal Arrival Time".  This should list the time slot you were able to select for your Covid test when finishing check-in.  Mine is 9:00-9:30.  A little lower on the docs is the "Guest Details" section, here it shows "The Time You Have Selected To Arrive At The Pier".  Mine also states "Open". 

I am not staying in the Haven and I do not have Platinum benefits.  My best guess is they are putting "Open" in that section because they do not know how long the testing will take.  Setting everyone's "The Time You Have Selected To Arrive At The Pier"  to "Open" allows people to go test and get to the pier at whatever time it is after they have finished their Covid test.  I would think NCL expects people to arrive for their Covid test during the time slot they picked which would be the "Terminal Arrival Time".  In my case, 9:00-9:30.  This will alleviate extra long lines at the testing site and make for a much smoother embarkation.

• Like 2