Malaga EX2 Cruise cancelled

email from TUI today

We are due to go thursday!! To say we are immensely pi$$3d off is an understatement. We farm so for us to go away something akin to a military operation has to be put in place which isnt easy. So cross. 😬😬

"We’re writing to share some important information about your Mediterranean Moments cruise.

Sadly, due to ongoing industrial action in Cadiz, your cruise will no longer be going ahead.

Marella Explorer is currently in dry dock in Cadiz, where major disruption has seen much of the essential maintenance come to a standstill. This means works will not be completed in time for Marella Explorer to head to the Canaries.

As a result of this, we’ve made the difficult decision to move Marella Explorer 2 to the Canaries to cover Marella Explorer.

This isn’t a decision we’ve come to lightly. Marella Explorer has been on sale much longer than our recently released Malaga cruises, which means a much larger number of customers would be impacted if we cancelled the Canaries sailings.

If you’ve booked any excursions for your cruise via our website, these will be cancelled and refunded via your original payment method. Your refund will show in your bank account in 7 to 10 days depending on your individual bank. If you booked in store, we’ll let them know about the changes and you’ll need to pop in with this letter to process the refund.

While the challenges we’re facing in Cadiz are beyond our control, we understand how disappointing this news is and we’d like to offer you some alternatives – including a price match on the same cruise or the following Canaries cruises – Island Explorer, Canarian Flavours and Colourful Coasts - departing before 30th April 2022, a rebooking offer, or a refund in full. One of our team will give you a call in the next few days to discuss your options.

• Thanks 1

You and me both, Mandy. I turned down paid work & have worked round the clock so my colleagues could cover for me. 

'Gutted' doesn't get near it. 

I thought booking through Tui would protect me from all the challenges of travelling at the moment. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 2BACRUISER said:

we’d like to offer you some alternatives – including a price match on the same cruise or the following Canaries cruises – Island Explorer, Canarian Flavours and Colourful Coasts - departing before 30th April 2022, 

I completely empathise. I am on the next - still remaining at the time being - cruise on the 16th December and I too would be absolutely gutted to lose my pre-Christmas break, particuarly as I nearly went for the Caribbean one leaving on 28th at "not a lot more"    (is this a potential option for either of you I wonder?)

Given that the industrial action is outside of their control - if this is genuinely a price match - i.e. swop to one of the Canaries Cruises without any additional payment - then this seems quite generous, given that the Canaries cruises are typically a few hundred pounds more.  

Doesn't relieve the pain of losing the pre-Christmas holiday - but at least it would give you something to look forward to in the New Year.

27 minutes ago, ferretktf said:

Oh that is so disappointing for you. 

Is the Caribbean one an absolute no chance?  It would get you back 4 days later than your planned one?

https://www.tui.co.uk/cruise/bookitineraries/Tropical-Delights-101001

No we have an abattoir run planned on 6th cannot be changed due to shortages of staff lucky to get that date. 

1 hour ago, 2BACRUISER said:

@ferretktf cant change we farm this was our only window wont be away now until prob Sept next year. Doesn't matter how many price matches they offer or deals. 

2BACRUISER.  I feel so sorry for you.  Can't really begin to understand how you must feel.  Just when you think it might be Covid that would stop a cruise going ahead, it's industrial action that steps in (and it's not even EX2 in Cadiz).  Commiserations too to Cardiff Girl.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update have received a full refund back to my credit card for our cancelled cruise.

Northumberland was cool & bracing to say the least but a good 3 days away. 

I saw Marella had cancelled another Ex2 date so sorry but at least you got a couple weeks notice unlike our 2 days!!

• Like 1

Glad you got a few days away, and received a full refund from Marella.

Reading your back story (farming), you were probably more prepared than most of us for 2 or 3 days of 'bracing' weather, but not what you expected when you booked.

I sincerely hope you have managed to claim something for the not inconsiderable expenses you were out of pocket.

Mike

• Like 1