Days Inn Civic Center Miami

kjuliar

If this is the hotel near the hospital...and please tell me if I am wrong...stay away...stay very far away...We got put up at this hotel about 5 years ago when our connecting flight in from Aruba left without us. All I can say is we heard shots fired during the night, the hotel rooms were rented out by "the hour". Luckily we got to the hotel at 1:00 a.m. and had to leave at 5:30 a.m. to get our flight out of MIA. Even my husband who doesn't scare easily didn't sleep much that night and we barricaided the room door just in case....

hmmm, that sounds like trouble. just booked 2 rms there for 1 night pre-cruise. my parents will FREAK if it's supernasty. all i want is a clean bed, no other ammenities required. got it for $79 including free shuttles. wonder if i should call dad and rethink this...

so where to stay?? we don't care whether we are close to the airport or the port, either is fine. main concern is cost and cleanliness. we do NOT want to play with priceline. have tried before and have never had any luck, just aggravation. if we have to cab it to the hotel/port, it could be about $40 added to the overall cost. help is VERY appreciated!!!!!!

cancelled days inn and booked hampton inn blue lagoon near airport. found a few posts on these boards that were very positive, and lots of good reviews on both expedia and tripadvisor. got an AARP rate on a king suite- $171, but they offer AAA discounts, too. (1 king in its own bedroom and a pullout couch in the living room-perfect for 4 adults travelling together). they offer free shuttle to/from MIA airport and will arrange shuttle to pier for $10/person. also free complimentary breakfast (hot and cold). thanks to all on these boards for their advice!

Archived