The Great Cruise until Friday night.

TheSeagoer

First, I must say the week aboard the Panorama was amazing. With 75% occupancy, things were  smooth. No lines great service.. Then Friday came.  The couple next to me started arguing on Sunday, loud enough where it was plainly audible to me, sometimes even with my earbuds in. It went on the entire week. Friday came and then it got worse. It became a violent struggle where he either threw her into our connecting wall, vibrating my TV, followed by Breaking glass. I went to the aft elevators and called Guest Services for security.  Having retired from law enforcement on the west coast, it brought back memories of all the Domestic Violence calls i handled. The phone was busy as people were lined up settling up their folios. I then called 911 and got a little attitude from the medical staff. They did eventually call security. 

I went to guest services and asked them if i could be moved for the night. I did not feel safe , knowing I made the call and it was against my wall. I had a balcony on the ninth deck aft. I did not care if I was put in an inside cabin for an evening. I had bad feelings about this. The guest services person said he could not move me. It would have to be up to security. I told them please call them, and I would wait by the internet cafe for their arrival. 

They arrived and told me the female said everything was fine.  I explained calmly  to them that is not what happened, and would they please move me . HE said not to worry and nobody would know I called. It is quite apparent ship security is not trained or has any expertise in DV cases. I pleaded with him now, explaining my area of knowledge in this field, and I hate to tell anyone, but I could tell they were not prepared. They refused to move me. So I did not sleep the whole night, waiting for the next shoe to fall. Well low and behold, i was right. The following morning, outside my cabin, I was saying good bye to the cabin attendant. I gentle came out of a cabin two doors and and stated, "these cabins sure are quiet." He as friends with the cabin that was fighting. I knew inside he was feeling me out if I heard anything, in an attempt to identify who called.  I just walked away.  I felt Carnival could have at least accommodate me by moving me to an empty cabin for my own safety and peace of mind. Of course, they did nothing. I am waiting on their response. Then I will determine if I ever sail on them again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I too am a retired Law enforcement officer but on the east coast. I agree with your assessment. 

It was a dangerous situation for all involved. Could it be that they hide under the veil of international waters? The liability for them is huge if anything occurred in US waters. 

CCL needs to revisit how they handle domestic incidents as well as basic assaults on their ships. 

Just look at the incidents of violence occurring on airplanes. Everyone is ready, cocked and loaded these days ready to explode. I'll keep the politics out of this but when that's what you see on TV and it is encouraged by your leaders in government, the reluctance to look the other way or walk away is not at the forefront  of peoples minds. 

We didn't get paid very well as police officers but today there is no amount of money that would convince me to wear the sacred badge again. 

Thank you for bringing this issue to the front.......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1