Live / Solo from the Carnival Legend - December 5-12, 2021

brilliantseas

Slow start to the night in Piano Bar 88. This appears to be the only venue that Carnival is capacity controlling at the door, although the hostess at the door currently has nothing to do but sing along. The stools closest to the bench are not available, but the remainder of the bar stools as well as the rest of the lounge seating is open seating. 

20211206_204358.thumb.jpg.e9a155293468307b62160f45ed862e3a.jpg

Dara from South Africa is our piano bar entertainer on this cruise. She's no David Ross, but she is entertaining. 

59 minutes ago, brilliantseas said:

It was far better than the creme brulee I had at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival at Disney World a few weeks ago. 

Interesting! The BEST creme brulee I ever had was at the Flying Fish in Disney World. The top was like a sheet of thin glass that shattered when tapped with a spoon.

Hi Brilliant Seas! 

Do you know where the WiFi has set your location? On my last east coast/Canadian cruise the wifi had us located in Hamburg Germany...which was rather annoying.

Do you have a picture of this Chia Pudding? I'm very curious.....

I will be sailing on the Legend's Dec 19th voyage.

Howard

Hope you have a great time at the piano bar. I wasn't crazy about the vibe. As soon as I walked it was a heavy dose of mask enforcement. They wanted everyone to sip and cover. They had a couple monitors in the room among the small number of guests. Very somber atmosphere. It felt like we were all in trouble for something we hadn't done.

sorry.... ugh

on a positive note, loving the review OP. Thank you for taking the time to share with us. I feel like I am reliving the awesome cruise I just had on the Legend.

44 minutes ago, HLR said:

Hi Brilliant Seas! 

Do you know where the WiFi has set your location? On my last east coast/Canadian cruise the wifi had us located in Hamburg Germany...which was rather annoying.

Do you have a picture of this Chia Pudding? I'm very curious.....

I will be sailing on the Legend's Dec 19th voyage.

Howard

Our WiFi (or rather the satellite connection) appears to be Miami, or at least that is what the speed test is showing. 

I didn't get a photo of the chia seed pudding by itself, but you can see it in the upper right corner of my photo of the frittata, just to the right of the water glass.

20211206_123605.thumb.jpg.71944ced17f458b94c5c47a6d6860c51.jpg

20 minutes ago, Ilovesailaway said:

Hope you have a great time at the piano bar. I wasn't crazy about the vibe. As soon as I walked it was a heavy dose of mask enforcement. They wanted everyone to sip and cover. They had a couple monitors in the room among the small number of guests. Very somber atmosphere. It felt like we were all in trouble for something we hadn't done.

sorry.... ugh

on a positive note, loving the review OP. Thank you for taking the time to share with us. I feel like I am reliving the awesome cruise I just had on the Legend.

Sip and cover is still in effect, however they didn't really seem to be monitoring it. About once an hour the entertainers will do a quick reminder, but I didn't see anyone dedicated to monitoring the room aside from the door host who was controlling capacity. 

9:30 Playlist Productions: Motor City

The show had plenty of seating on deck 4 for walk-ins. This is immediately before the show started. 

20211206_213018.thumb.jpg.20a359557b423428d420e8ed0368e582.jpg

While the show was entertaining, I've seen it at least 3 or 4 times on other ships. I wish Carnival would update some of these shows, or at least make them unique by ship. 

20211206_215142.thumb.jpg.46c07b70ca7c0dff25bb0225caf47f21.jpg

The show is 30 minutes long with two dancer/vocalists and six dancers. It is on par with what you might see in the main theater at a regional amusement park. It doesn't live up to the production shows of other cruise lines, but Carnival makes up for it with above average musicians and comedians in other venues on the ship. 

Edited by brilliantseas
  • Like 1

The 10:30 adults only comedy show was at capacity at 10:15, so I headed back over to Red Frog Pub to catch the end of Alter Idem's set. They may be the best musicians onboard, and some of the best I've seen on a cruise ship in a while. If you're on the Legend soon, don't miss them. 

After their set, I headed up to Lido to find what ended up being a 25 minute line for pizza. The line would move faster if they were offering guests half pizzas, but each guest is getting a whole pizza by default this evening. 

20211206_231239.thumb.jpg.028772643bfb39bac77dd24b78943226.jpg

The deli line at 10:45 looked equally as long, but appeared to move faster until they cut it off at 11:00. 

The Serenity pool, hot tub, and a section of the indoor Lido buffet are closed off for crew use this evening. They also have the small sun deck below the funnel reserved for their use during the daytime. I applaud Carnival for trying to make life more pleasant for those crew who are not currently allowed off of the ship in port. 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, brilliantseas said:

Embarkation Day

8:15 PM - Harry Potter Trivia

First Sea Day

9:45 AM - Cartoon Trivia

10:15 AM - Movie Quote Trivia

10:45 AM - Superheroes Trivia

11:15 AM - Holidays Trivia

1:00 PM - Motown Music Trivia Party

1:45 PM - Game of Thrones Trivia

2:45 PM - Wheely Big Fun Trivia (host did not show for this one)

3:00 PM - Music Trivia (w/live piano)

4:00 PM - Sports Trivia

Second Sea Day

9:45 AM - Tri-Bond Trivia

10:15 AM - Movies Trivia

11:00 AM - Holiday Radio Trivia

11:30 AM - Guess That Song: Country

1:00 PM - 80's Music Trivia Party

1:45 PM - Friends Trivia

3:30 PM - Guess That Song: TV Themes

Nassau

10:30 AM - Fact or Fiction Trivia

11:00 AM - Urban Myths Trivia

1:00 PM - Food & Drinks Trivia

2:30 PM - General Knowledge Trivia

3:30 PM - Explain a Movie Badly Trivia

Half Moon Cay

1:00 PM - The Genius Test Trivia

1:30 PM - Mind Game Trivia

2:30 PM - Outrageous Laws Trivia

3:00 PM - Lyrical Challenge Trivia

3:30 PM - Guess That Song: One-Hit Wonders

Freeport

9:45 AM - Golden Girls Trivia

10:15 AM - Carnival Trivia

10:45 AM - Seinfeld Trivia

1:00 PM - Fairy Tales Trivia

1:45 PM - Calling All Nerds Trivia

2:00 PM - 70's Music Trivia Party

2:30 PM - Holidays Music and TV Trivia

3:15 PM - Movie Quotes Trivia

Third Sea Day

10:15 AM - Fresh Price of Bel-Air Trivia

10:45 AM - Catch That Catchphrase Trivia

11:15 AM - Guess That Song: Holiday Music

11:45 AM - Big Bang Theory Trivia

3:30 PM - The Office Trivia

4:00 PM - Super Bowl Trivia

4:00 PM - Wheely Big Trivia

Thank you so much for this! You are the best

I woke up to more rain this morning. It appears as if it was just a thin band stretching North from Nassau, but it was enough for me to determine that today is going to be a "no bones" day, and I promptly went back to bed for a two hour nap. 

We are currently out of range of the AIS sensors and the ship's location channel doesn't display temperature, so I don't have an exact reading on the weather today, but it feels like it is somewhere in the mid 70s currently. The forecast calls for temperatures approaching 80 while we are in the Bahamas, so I am looking forward to some pool weather this week, but I think I'll start the day in jeans for a late sea day brunch in the Truffles Restaurant. 

• Like 3

Sea Day Brunch

20211207_130734.thumb.jpg.aa18e45a610726083fc1b5c48f4b053c.jpg

I captured a close-up of the coconut milk chia seed pudding this morning. Today's seemed to have just been made minutes ago as it had not yet had time to fully set up. It was more like chia seed soup, but still good. 

20211207_130740.thumb.jpg.981883ad800b377857974f5bd1debb49.jpg

Omelet. The menu says it comes with potatoes and bacon or ham, but mine was lonely. 

20211207_131624.thumb.jpg.06a46e52a9a12ae4c713cf10548844cd.jpg

More banana cream pie

• Like 2

80's Music Trivia Party with Cruise Director Leigh

20211207_132822.thumb.jpg.999365ca61434a35040017f71569ea89.jpg

These are not your typical "trivia" sessions where you win prizes. Instead, everyone attempts to shout out the name of the song and then sing/dance along. 

Warning: If you're getting a little too into your dance moves on the sidelines, the Cruise Director may call you out and make you dance front-and-center. 

20211207_133707.thumb.jpg.7dba7f396a5ce8ce2960d424030cda08.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm so excited to read this informative and very detailed review.  I sail in April on this itinerary with my two children ages 10 and 13.  Can you assess whether the kids clubs are opened, modified, and/or well attended?  I'm sure it's not on your radar, so I appreciate if you have a moment to investigate for us.

enjoy!

I accidentally discovered a hazard on my balcony this afternoon. After it rains or as you transition to warmer, humid weather and the ship's steel is still cool, it rains rust water on your balcony and can ruin your clothes! 

Given that the ship was just in drydock for hull painting, I'm disappointed in the amount of corrosion already showing through on the balconies. The wind is blowing the condensation and residual rainwater off of the steel floor of the balcony above me, and it is slowly raining rust on my balcony, even blowing and spotting the exterior wall of my cabin. 

20211207_142936.thumb.jpg.2ac2e481ce025608f33422c40a3f52d4.jpg

The rusty water is easier to see on the armrests, but is on the chair fabric as well. It slowly drips down and will stain your clothes if it drips on you. 

20211207_143014.thumb.jpg.af738ce31912d10e2dacb61e53099c62.jpg

You can see where the wall has been splattered with rust. 

20211207_142945.thumb.jpg.293f5ab2b63e800fdc48ae98d2a11142.jpg

The problem area where the rust drippings are coming from. Note that the ship was just in drydock and this is only Carnival Legend's fourth sailing with passengers since resuming service in November. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruisin4aBruisin73 said:

I'm so excited to read this informative and very detailed review.  I sail in April on this itinerary with my two children ages 10 and 13.  Can you assess whether the kids clubs are opened, modified, and/or well attended?  I'm sure it's not on your radar, so I appreciate if you have a moment to investigate for us.

enjoy!

Club O2 and Circle C are currently operating, however given the time of year, between Thanksgiving break and Christmas break, there aren't many children onboard. I would guess there are maybe 30 in total, of which I would say the majority are under the age of 5. I've seen at least two strollers and some young ones in life vests enjoying the pools, but very few anywhere else on the ship. 

Today's hours (Second Sea Day) are 1:00 to 5:00 and 8:00 to midnight for both Circle C and Club O2. 

• Like 1

Current view from the balcony. I've dried up the rust water as best I can and am protecting the chair and myself with a towel. 

20211207_150525.thumb.jpg.ca9ac4b78e44c3052bb29edc22e50336.jpg

Can you spot the ship in the distance? This is the view at 1x zoom.

20211207_150435.thumb.jpg.0e52c54dc69a435946c726ebf120d88a.jpg

And 50x zoom. Not bad for a cell phone camera. Any idea what type of ship this is?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dcwalker said:

I'm enjoying your cruise! I think Legend doesn't have the big screen on the Lido deck, like Pride and other ships. Do you know if they show movies on the cabin TV's?

They have two channels of movies on the stateroom TVs. One appears to be holiday / family themed (think Garfield and both Jingle All The Way movies), while the other is geared toward an older audience with a mix of action, comedy, and drama. Nothing seems to be recent. There are about 8 or 9 movies rotating on each channel. 

They are also showing a "Blockbuster Movie" in the Firebird Lounge during our stop in Nassau. This week's "Blockbuster" is The Man Who Invented Christmas. Not a blockbuster I've ever heard of, but it is available for those who are interested. 

• Like 1