Live / Solo from the Carnival Legend - December 5-12, 2021

brilliantseas

9 minutes ago, mrschrod said:

I'll be on the Legend on Sunday. Would love to hear who the best comedians are

JeROME was hilarious! Larry Omaha was average at best. I have not yet seen the other two yet this week, but will report back if/when I get to see them.

Carnival rotates comedians on and off of the ships, so your comedians may be different than those who were on this sailing. Historically, you had two comedians onboard for the first 3-4 days and then they would trade out for two others at one of the destination ports about half way through the cruise (for 7-8 day sailings). Due to COVID restrictions, they now board all four comedians (six on Mardi Gras) at the beginning of the cruise and the comedians rotate shows all week. 

Sake Sangria was one of my favorite cocktails from JiJi Asian Kitchen on Carnival Horizon, and I believe I saw it listed on a menu somewhere for Bonsai Sushi on the Carnival Legend. Upon being seated, I did not find it listed under the "drinks" section of the order pads (at Bonsai, you order your appetizers, rolls, poke bowls, etc. on a paper order pad), but I asked the waitress and she said they could make them, they just have to run across the hall for the ingredients. She returned in no time with my Sake Sangria. Before the end of the meal, I ordered a second to take with me to my next show. 

20211208_211406.thumb.jpg.2d51a5da7c8f7caf018484f3e679e131.jpg

About half way through the glass, a strange realization hit me. The Sake Sangria tastes exactly like Carnival's air freshener smells. I enjoy this drink, but after the thought entered my mind, I couldn't get it out of my head...

• Haha 2

I ordered the Tempura Roll (back) and the California Roll (front), and the two chefs working behind the counter immediately went to work. My rolls were ready quickly, almost two quickly, as I didn't have time to finish my salad before they were being handed over the glass. For those who prefer a table, Bonsai also has about a dozen tables - a mix of bar height and standard height, each seating 2-6 guests. 

20211208_211514.thumb.jpg.143f1c125928f13e8d2e48aecb6321d8.jpg

I personally preferred the California Roll over the Tempura Roll, but both were well prepared. If I had any complaint, it was that I prefer my rolls to be cold and these were not very cold. 

Overall, it was a good meal, and I was on my way about 30 minutes after being seated. 

• Like 3

Cruise Director Leigh is hosting the Love and Marriage Show in the Follies Theater (Nassau / First Port Day).

20211208_221331.thumb.jpg.b8c564591793d47b16878666d1ad9db0.jpg

Pro Tip: If you want to participate in the show, be sure to choose a seat in the front half of the theater on Deck 2. 

I opted to skip the Love and Marriage show tonight so as to guarantee a seat for Sean Finnerty's adult's only comedy show at 10:30, but those upstairs seem to be having a great time as there is lots of laughter coming out of the theater.

10:39 show start. Comedy club manager gets on stage, says "F**k it, here's Sean" and walks away. Sean Finnerty takes the stage and starts the show. 

Best. Intro. Ever. 

20211208_223833.thumb.jpg.4e1dfb7b84fe2a3a22cff4f1932262cc.jpg

Sean Finnerty, the self-proclaimed well-rested ugly Irish child comedian. 

Edited by brilliantseas
  • Like 1

Breakfast with a view!

20211209_102018.thumb.jpg.2c3e99c2adea92f1a35927b48c66b049.jpg

Bacon isn't on "ba-cation" this morning, but there are no signs for it and it is not on the buffet. It is hidden away in a warming drawer below the other breakfast meats and you have to ask for it. I was lucky enough to be allotted a bacon ration with my omelet and french toast this morning. 

20211209_101728.thumb.jpg.baa2b9693bdb913466f027ecdeaa0e7b.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, brilliantseas said:

Breakfast with a view!

20211209_102018.thumb.jpg.2c3e99c2adea92f1a35927b48c66b049.jpg

Bacon isn't on "ba-cation" this morning, but there are no signs for it and it is not on the buffet. It is hidden away in a warming drawer below the other breakfast meats and you have to ask for it. I was lucky enough to be allotted a bacon ration with my omelet and french toast this morning. 

20211209_101728.thumb.jpg.baa2b9693bdb913466f027ecdeaa0e7b.jpg

What an absolutely gorgeous way to spend your morning.  This might be the epitome of "why" when I people ask me about cruising.

WE sail Legend for Christmas Dec 19th and appreciate all the insight. We sailed Oasis of The Seas out of Bayonne in October and it was great to be back to sea!

Seems you don't do room service breakfast but we usually enjoy slow start and have coffee and whatever in Cabin. If you have any information about how room service is operating would appreciate it!

Love the pictures!! We have traditional late seating, I presume they are doing that. On Oasis we had that then found out on boarding only Anytime. We were able to set up nightly reservation with waiter and assistant we liked. So glad Comedy Club operating and appreciate the heads up on it's popularity seating has almost always been a problem. Never figured out why they don't have more comedy in the main theatre! Was same problem before Covid. I mean how many singers and dancers can you take on one cruise no matter how good?

That rust could be annoying on balcony. We are in aft Vista with that huge wrap around. Pay $$ to enjoy that and would be real upset if rust problem there as well.

Best At Sea commentary I have scene GREAT JOB, again THANKS!

George in NY

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Georgeny said:

WE sail Legend for Christmas Dec 19th and appreciate all the insight. We sailed Oasis of The Seas out of Bayonne in October and it was great to be back to sea!

Seems you don't do room service breakfast but we usually enjoy slow start and have coffee and whatever in Cabin. If you have any information about how room service is operating would appreciate it!

Love the pictures!! We have traditional late seating, I presume they are doing that. On Oasis we had that then found out on boarding only Anytime. We were able to set up nightly reservation with waiter and assistant we liked. So glad Comedy Club operating and appreciate the heads up on it's popularity seating has almost always been a problem. Never figured out why they don't have more comedy in the main theatre! Was same problem before Covid. I mean how many singers and dancers can you take on one cruise no matter how good?

That rust could be annoying on balcony. We are in aft Vista with that huge wrap around. Pay $$ to enjoy that and would be real upset if rust problem there as well.

Best At Sea commentary I have scene GREAT JOB, again THANKS!

George in NY

Hi George! I'm glad you're enjoying the photos and commentary. 

The lower level of Truffles Restaurant (Deck 2) is offering assigned time dining with early and late seating. I believe I heard that the late seating was moved up just a bit to 7:30, with the early seating at 5:30. YTD is on the upper level of Truffles (Deck 3) from 5:30 to 9:30. I have YTD and have never waited more than 5 minutes to be assigned a table, although it appeared to back up a little around 7:30 on the first formal night. 

I have not done room service breakfast yet this cruise. As a matter of fact, today wad the first day I did not do breakfast in the MDR. 

Room service breakfast is similar to what it has been in the past, utilizing the door hangers. I nearly used it for this morning, but opted to sleep in a bit more after shutting down the Red Frog Pub last night. 

Selections include cereals, bananas, fresh melon, bagels, toast, English muffins, yogurt, juice, milk, and coffee. They also have four breakfast sandwiches (think Starbucks pre-made egg sandwiches that get microwaved) available for a $3 upcharge. You select what you would like on the card and hang it on your door prior to 3:00 AM. Delivery windows are available in 30 minute blocks from 5:00 AM to 10:00 AM. I'll try to grab a photo of the door hanger later this evening. 

Fortunately, no dripping rust water this morning as it has been the first morning without significant condensation on the balcony. 

Enjoy your Aft extended balcony on Vista! I was lucky enough to get one of the full sun aft extended balconies that extend out over the counterweight on Deck 2 on the Horizon (these rooms are oceanview on Vista, but may be retrofitted with balconies in the future?) and thoroughly enjoyed it, even if it was in the Family Harbor area. 

4 hours ago, Cruisin4aBruisin73 said:

What an absolutely gorgeous way to spend your morning.  This might be the epitome of "why" when I people ask me about cruising.

100% agree! People don't understand "why" when they ask why I'm going on ANOTHER CRUISE!? 

This is why. 

20211209_140322.thumb.jpg.49cda791bd4d32cd3eccde4bf6ad2828.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

What are they charging at pixels for the 8x10 photos? I forgot to make note of it and we are planning our photo budget for February. TIA!

It has been several years since I've purchased a photo on a ceuise. I'll have to swing by the Pixels Gallery to inquire. 

2 hours ago, HLR said:

I've got a SILLY Question! Are the Art Auctions on the ship right now? I've gotten so used to "judging" the art on the ships....I would miss the silliness. 

Howard

Hi Howard,

There are at least two art auctions on the sea days on this cruise, as well as themed art seminars nearly every day. The auctions take place in the Firebird Lounge on Deck 1 (Punchliner), while the seminars and art gallery are in the location formerly occupied by the "conference room" on Deck 3.