Blood pressure check?

herbanrenewal

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

You are probably talking about a pusleoximeter measuring pulse rate and oxygen in the blood. There are items called "finger blood pressure monitors" for sale, but they check O2 levels and not blood pressure.

Very possible.  But I was in a hospital, so the technical aspects of medical devices on my body weren't a priority.  Still, I remember the nurse and other staff saying how my blood pressure was too high, so they couldn't start the procedure until it came down.  I argued back with: "I'm in a hospital!  Do you really expect me to relax like it's a yoga class!?"  (In reality, I hate yoga, but I wanted to get my message across in a way they'd understand.)  They relented, did the procedure, and I was discharged a few hours later.  I felt mostly fine next morning at home.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

On 12/11/2021 at 11:40 AM, LandlockedCruiser01 said:

Very possible.  But I was in a hospital, so the technical aspects of medical devices on my body weren't a priority.  Still, I remember the nurse and other staff saying how my blood pressure was too high, so they couldn't start the procedure until it came down.  I argued back with: "I'm in a hospital!  Do you really expect me to relax like it's a yoga class!?"  (In reality, I hate yoga, but I wanted to get my message across in a way they'd understand.)  They relented, did the procedure, and I was discharged a few hours later.  I felt mostly fine next morning at home.

Finger blood pressure monitors do exist, but they are notorious for giving false readings. If your hospital was using that type of b.p. monitor to check your blood pressure it is no wonder that it read your blood pressure as being too high. I am surprised, though, that a hospital would use that kind of b.p.monitor. Whenever I have a medical appointment the nurse routinely checks my b.p. using an upper arm cuff and my oxygen level using a fingertip oximeter.