Any more news on compensation for passengers on cancelled cruises

jmss1950

Has anyone heard if Cunard has improved on its offer for those of us whose cruises were cancelled in November? According to our TA agent they are still only offering a $50 on board credit for those booking another cruise without cancelling, but because we could not book for another date, we receive no compensation, (although they do say they will try to refund our deposit in about two billing cycles!) At present I am a very disgruntled ex Brit, and my current disgust with Cunard will certainly make me consider long and hard before entrusting them with another vacation in the future.

Hi there,

Still no news on extra comp, we were booked on the 11 nov now the 18 nov and had to cancel our RCCI cruise on the 20 nov, RCCI have been really good about it and are letting us transfer our deposit to another cruise as long as i transfer by August (new brochures for next year out by then), but as for cunard, well, no joy in getting our flights refunded or anything but the lousy $50, our vacation dates are non changeable so we will be sitting at home for a week and coming straight back to work after QM2, not sailing the bahamas as we were supposed to be. Cunard says we have to decide by friday if we still want to sail, i want to tell them to stuff it and go on the Voyager transatlantic instead but the scottish in me says stay with the QM2 as we now have $300 OBC each.

I will let you know if i hear anymore

Donna

Archived