Back from the Sun

anxioustoleave

We arrived home Sat. from the 2/11 sailing of the Sun. Here's a brief recap of our trip:

Our cabin was really nice, lots of room and storage for our things. We had an inside cabin and were glad because the seas were rough for the first day out and alot of people were sick.

Entertainment was good. :p We especially liked the Irish music in the pub and the husband and wife team in the observation lounge. The comedian was also very funny. Other entertainment was OK, not wonderful

Food was ok but could have been much better for a cruise ship. It seems you need to eat in the specialty restaurants and pay extra to get the really good food. Didn't like the buffet at all.

In retrospect, we would choose a different itinerary. The stops were very commercial and very poor. Unless you were taking a tour, there wasn't much to see.:(

We booked a private tour with Nacho and Cynthia in Belize. Did the zipline and cave tubing and they were great. I would recommend that anyone wanting to do cave tubing not go with the tour from the ship. It's too many people and only one guide. Cynthia and Pedro made sure they knew where we were and I felt very safe.:)

We met alot of really nice people and enjoyed our cruise. The weather wasn't very good but that's not NCL's fault. We will probably not do the freestyle again or NCL but we still enjoyed the trip.:)

I am very interested in details about the zipline and cave tubing thing as we have booked that exact excursion with Cynthia and Nacho for our cruise in about a month??? Any info would be great- this is the excursion I am looking forward to the most> Thanks.

Archived