Anyone on Independence right now?

Going on Independence of the Seas next week and after hearing of ships being denied entry or getting delayed entry to their private islands I’ve been a little paranoid about CocoCay. Watching the cruisemapper site and it shows Independence as still on its way but also says last update was 5 hours ago? Not sure if this is usually behind like this. 

Ive been to Nassau a few times so don’t mind skipping that port, I’m fine with masks, I’m fine if every show on board is canceled. I love a good sea day just hanging out on my balcony but for CocoCay we splurged and booked one of the overwater cabanas for the day and it’s basically the whole point of the trip. Even if we were refunded the cabana cost I’m not sure how long it will be before we could afford another cruise. 

Just trying to weigh our options right now. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, shelbz0225 said:

Going on Independence of the Seas next week and after hearing of ships being denied entry or getting delayed entry to their private islands I’ve been a little paranoid about CocoCay. Watching the cruisemapper site and it shows Independence as still on its way but also says last update was 5 hours ago? Not sure if this is usually behind like this. 

Ive been to Nassau a few times so don’t mind skipping that port, I’m fine with masks, I’m fine if every show on board is canceled. I love a good sea day just hanging out on my balcony but for CocoCay we splurged and booked one of the overwater cabanas for the day and it’s basically the whole point of the trip. Even if we were refunded the cabana cost I’m not sure how long it will be before we could afford another cruise. 

Just trying to weigh our options right now. Thanks!

I’m following carefully as we’re scheduled on January 10th. I just checked Marine Traffic site and she’s in Coco Cay right now. Here’s the link: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:369987/mmsi:309374000/imo:9349681/vessel:INDEPENDENCE_OF_THE_SEAS

Hope you have a great vacation!

3 minutes ago, Betsynh said:

I’m following carefully as we’re scheduled on January 10th. I just checked Marine Traffic site and she’s in Coco Cay right now. Here’s the link: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:369987/mmsi:309374000/imo:9349681/vessel:INDEPENDENCE_OF_THE_SEAS

Hope you have a great vacation!

You’re amazing! Thank you! 

• Like 1