NEED A DIVE BUDDY

ChillyWilly428

Hey all,

I’ll be in Cozumel on the Carnival Vista Cruise ship on January 13, 2022. I’m diving by my self and need a buddy to dive with or I’ll have to pay for two spaces, as the dive company requires two divers per trip to sign up. The company is DiveParadise.com which is not to far from the cruise terminal dock. Its a two tank dive. Cost is $97 + some fees. Let me know if your interested 🐟🐡🐠🦈🐙🦑🐬

Cheers, 

William

I'd be interested - but I'm on Carnival Dream and we arrive that day at 9am. Not sure what time Vista gets there. On a two-week Back to Back on Dream and then get on RC Liberty OTS the 3rd week. Diving 7 days in all.  (Logged 192 dives in the last 6 years 😉

I dove with Dive Paradise in November, and I'll probably use them again in August when next I cruise. The reason I chose them is because they offer a 10:00 express boat specifically for cruise passengers (Morning Express 2-Tank Dive Trip - Dive Paradise). Their domestic booking agent, Susan, is very helpful and will coordinate with multiple unrelated divers to fill the boat.

I would suggest posting to your roll call. I was able to find a dive buddy there.

Which dive shop is charging double?  I was able to dive with Maple Leaf in Cozumel in Oct 2021 & Dec 2021.  Since I had not been diving since March 2020 I paid for Private Dive Master as I didn’t want to be bugged about refresher.   Best decision.  Had great time.   Booked the same way in December.   Due to time change for the December dive I took cab to Paradise Beach & caught the boat after the group had already done 1 dive.  Did 2 dives and they brought me back to the marina we had used in October and I walked back to the dock.  I was cruising on Carnival both times and no scuba diving was offered.   Good Luck!  Love to hear what dive shops are working with cruisers!  Maple Leaf Scuba in Cozumel had all prices post on their website and I paid via PayPal.  The price I paid for the dive master I paid cash the day of my dive.   I went with Leo but all the divers working for them that I met were very nice and everyone on the boat had a good dives.  ♥️ 
~ Kathy

On 1/4/2022 at 5:41 PM, bogeydi said:

I'd be interested - but I'm on Carnival Dream and we arrive that day at 9am. Not sure what time Vista gets there. On a two-week Back to Back on Dream and then get on RC Liberty OTS the 3rd week. Diving 7 days in all.  (Logged 192 dives in the last 6 years 😉

I definitely know you will make it as its only a ten minute walk from the Cruise dock. Barring your ship arrives on time. If you're still interested contact Susan at Dive Paradise and let her know William W needed a dive buddy. I only have 22 dives as life has intervened too many times, but I love diving Cozumel! 

Dive Paradise Reservations Office

Toll-Free: 1-855-798-5300
Florida Office: 954-743-5310

diveparadise.com

Edited by ChillyWilly428

On 1/5/2022 at 9:11 AM, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

I dove with Dive Paradise in November, and I'll probably use them again in August when next I cruise. The reason I chose them is because they offer a 10:00 express boat specifically for cruise passengers (Morning Express 2-Tank Dive Trip - Dive Paradise). Their domestic booking agent, Susan, is very helpful and will coordinate with multiple unrelated divers to fill the boat.

I would suggest posting to your roll call. I was able to find a dive buddy there.

That's the dive I'm trying to take. How were the dive sites Paradise chose? I've dove Cozumel on two different occasions and not all dives are great!

2 hours ago, KATHY@HOME said:

Which dive shop is charging double?  I was able to dive with Maple Leaf in Cozumel in Oct 2021 & Dec 2021.  Since I had not been diving since March 2020 I paid for Private Dive Master as I didn’t want to be bugged about refresher.   Best decision.  Had great time.   Booked the same way in December.   Due to time change for the December dive I took cab to Paradise Beach & caught the boat after the group had already done 1 dive.  Did 2 dives and they brought me back to the marina we had used in October and I walked back to the dock.  I was cruising on Carnival both times and no scuba diving was offered.   Good Luck!  Love to hear what dive shops are working with cruisers!  Maple Leaf Scuba in Cozumel had all prices post on their website and I paid via PayPal.  The price I paid for the dive master I paid cash the day of my dive.   I went with Leo but all the divers working for them that I met were very nice and everyone on the boat had a good dives.  ♥️ 
~ Kathy

I'll look in to that if things don't pan out with Dive Paradise. Thank you for the information. 

16 minutes ago, ChillyWilly428 said:

I definitely know you will make it as its only a ten minute walk from the Cruise dock. Barring your ship arrives on time. If you're still interested contact Susan at Dive Paradise and let her know William W needed a dive buddy. I only have 22 dives as life has intervened too many times, but I love diving Cozumel! 

diveparadise.com

I'll give her a call. Thanks

40 minutes ago, ChillyWilly428 said:

diveparadise.com

Well, I just realized that Cozumel is an hour later than our ship time - out of Galveston. So 9 am ship time is actually 10 am Cozumel time. So it wont work this trip.  But I loved all their dive packages I saw online - great info for future reference. Enjoy you dive!

4 hours ago, bogeydi said:

Well, I just realized that Cozumel is an hour later than our ship time - out of Galveston. So 9 am ship time is actually 10 am Cozumel time. So it wont work this trip.  But I loved all their dive packages I saw online - great info for future reference. Enjoy you dive!

So if I'm going by the posted cruise port times from Carnival are they off, or does the cruise ship adjust the time to the port's timezone. For instance my port times are from 8am to 4pm per Carnival. Do I need to adjust them? Sorry to miss you. I reached out to Maple Leaf per Kathy from the earlier post. I'll either have to pay double or pay more for a dive master guided tour any suggestions?

8 hours ago, ChillyWilly428 said:

So if I'm going by the posted cruise port times from Carnival are they off, or does the cruise ship adjust the time to the port's timezone. For instance my port times are from 8am to 4pm per Carnival. Do I need to adjust them? Sorry to miss you. I reached out to Maple Leaf per Kathy from the earlier post. I'll either have to pay double or pay more for a dive master guided tour any suggestions?

Every ship does it differently. I havent been able to figure out why. But this trip, we stay on ship time. Now depending on where your ship originates, ship time may also be the time in a port you are visiting. Anyway, I will end up going with Sand Dollar. 

17 hours ago, ChillyWilly428 said:

That's the dive I'm trying to take. How were the dive sites Paradise chose? I've dove Cozumel on two different occasions and not all dives are great!

For the 10:00 boat, I think they tend to stay with the more northern dive sites. Checking my log, we did Lighthouse Wall (max depth 27.2m) and Villa Blanca Wall (max depth 18.7m). I don't recall much about Lighthouse, but Villa Blanca was a great drift. 

My favourite dive in Cozumel is Palancar Caves, but that one is too far south for a cruise-ship dive, I would think.