Divina tomorrow

alwysonvctn

We are scheduled to sail tomorrow morning out of Miami. Just received a text from MSC that there are several passenger and crew onboard with COVID but they still plan to sail as planned. We are welcome to cancel for a full refund or reschedule for a future date. Just thought some others on upcoming sailings might be interested. 

• Like 2

Yes, just go the same text. We're still sailing. The Divina cruise arriving was a 7 day? or 10? My husband said, we can try to be as safe as possible for 3 days, lol. Mask as much as possible and enjoy ourselves. I teach in a high school where studnets are not required to wear masks and I've been safe and avoided covid. So it's possible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alwysonvctn said:

We are scheduled to sail tomorrow morning out of Miami. Just received a text from MSC that there are several passenger and crew onboard with COVID but they still plan to sail as planned. We are welcome to cancel for a full refund or reschedule for a future date. Just thought some others on upcoming sailings might be interested. 

Wow, we are on the Mera this weekend. Hope we get an email saying that. We want to cancel!!!  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fla Mike said:

Interesting that they would offer a refund so close to sailing.

Being that you are in Florida, as am I, if I was offered this, so late in the game, I might seriously consider it.

They may know something?

Hubby would love to cancel however we are travelling with friends and they want to go. We will go, it is only 3 nights so we will be fine. 

We got the same text message the night before we left Dec 22nd on Seashore. That sailing that ended on the 23rd put off 28 crew in quarantine hotels. Then our sailing left and it got worse. We were in Miami at the time of the text. I so wish we took it now in retrospect, however it was our Christmas, we were already in FL, and nobody really knew yet how contagious the variant was on board, until our day three or so, and on the other ships that week (RCL, CCL, etc). It’s far more contagious. 

Everyone has to do what’s right for them, however I’d say if you can and are able, reschedule it. Not only is there the port cancellations and such, but we lost all the shows, spa appointments cancelled, OC, and to be honest, with the crew sick or nervous about getting sick and getting out off the ship or quarantined, they just weren’t in a good place, and as a result it set a pretty blah vibe (totally understandable though and I felt for them in a big way). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alwysonvctn said:

Hubby would love to cancel however we are travelling with friends and they want to go. We will go, it is only 3 nights so we will be fine. 

I hear you, and actually, understand.

We have a cruise set for the Mera in February, for Valentines Day.

No way in heck I want to cancel... Valentines Day on a cruise...yea baby!!!

But, last minute giving you an out with a refund?

Almost like an 11th hour reprieve from the governor.

• Like 1

From the comments above, it appears to me they are letting everyone know a day before the cruise to cancel?  Looks like a bait and switch to me because they know that folks who can’t drive will be in a day or two early.  Thus, if they are giving one day with a full refund only;  to me it kind of forces  us to get on the ship.  I realize you can cancel ahead and rebook for a later date but…..

26 minutes ago, MrsFops&FopsC5 said:

From the comments above, it appears to me they are letting everyone know a day before the cruise to cancel?  Looks like a bait and switch to me because they know that folks who can’t drive will be in a day or two early.  Thus, if they are giving one day with a full refund only;  to me it kind of forces  us to get on the ship.  I realize you can cancel ahead and rebook for a later date but…..

I hope they are accurate. I am a local so this could work out. I drive to the port for lunch so its no big deal to me,plus there is a micro brewery nearby.

22 minutes ago, FrostyJoe said:

@mscdivina2016 why do you want to cancel the mera so much?  I haven’t read your previous posts explaining why

We ended up on Mera by an error by msc.

They moved March Seaview to Feb which overlapped another cruise. So I cancell 7 day overlap for 14 day cruise 

A few days later they put me back in March and hit me a penalty for Feb cruise.

So I booked 1st cruise in January that had grand Cayman knowing it won't happen and I can cancel. Well they cancelled GC but gave me no option to cancel cruise.

So here we are.

14 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

We ended up on Mera by an error by msc.

They moved March Seaview to Feb which overlapped another cruise. So I cancell 7 day overlap for 14 day cruise 

A few days later they put me back in March and hit me a penalty for Feb cruise.

So I booked 1st cruise in January that had grand Cayman knowing it won't happen and I can cancel. Well they cancelled GC but gave me no option to cancel cruise.

So here we are.

I’m kind of confused…are you able to go to the January one if need be?