PCR Testing at the port AFTER disembarking

ucmino

Can anyone tell me your experience now that NCL is not providing this onboard?  Just something else that is now causing me stress.  We have a 2pm flight to Canada and need a PCR test to fly. From what I have read results will be emailed in 90 minutes at a cost of $95 each. Thanks NCL for making this change so last minute.

Very stressful for sure. We sailed on the Bliss over Christmas and were tested onboard Christmas Day at 9:00 am. Got the results at 7:45 that evening, we flew out the next day. That in itself was very stressful, can’t imagine having the test the same day as flying after suitcases are packed. We worried about if one of us tested positive and the spouse had to fly home alone. Not worth the stress and effort for us to travel out of Canada right now. I wrote in another post as to what happens when the Alaska seasons opens up. Sailing out of Vancouver and especially the return testing could be a nightmare. How about any stops in Victoria on Vancouver Island how are we going to handle that. Maybe it’s time to rethink the PCR test? 

4 minutes ago, Sixtytwo said:

Could a test not be done at the airport? I understand most airports have the rapid test available.

Looking on the LAX website a rapid PCR test is $199. Not sure if you need an appointment or you can drop in. 

12 minutes ago, armwinder said:

Looking on the LAX website a rapid PCR test is $199. Not sure if you need an appointment or you can drop in. 

That is almost like robbery! But, I guess it is a matter of need vs cost.