Updated Cancellations - 1/11/2022 - From NCL website

KurtMo

9 hours ago, snugzny said:

Did you cancel your February (2022?) cruise for FCC or did Norwegian? I’ve seen nightmare stories of FCCs being delayed for months for whatever reason when the cruise was cancelled by the cruiser (and not NCL). Which is weird, because the cancellation email - from NCL cancelling - that I received states:

If your most current reservation was paid via a Future Cruise Credit (FCC), 100% of the FCC used will be re-applied to your Latitudes account. No further action is required; the FCC will be automatically added within seven business days. 

Seven business days! Which seems pretty standard.  

I don’t understand how NCL can be so quick refunding $ or applying a FCC when NCL cancels, yet some people out there have been waiting months for their FCC to show up when they cancel. But I’m sure there’s a business decision behind this, and I’m sure it has something to do with “keeping” as much money in the bank as possible. 

Since it’s been eight days, maybe wait a day or two more (seven business days) and see what happens? 

I also feel for NCL - and certainly the hardworking crew who must be struggling financially given the turmoil in their industry for two years - but no shame in cancelling. Don’t lose money on this. No corporation is your friend; you and your hard earned money come before the feelings of the board of NCL, every time.

I canceled my cruise, not NCL. Woke up this morning and my FCC was posted to my account so now I don’t have to worry about making final payment.