Did all people with FCC have the expiration date extended?

Lou33

I notice that people with recent cancellations are getting FCC that expires May 31, 2023, instead of December 31, 2022.  Are people who received FCC over the last two years also getting the extension until May 31, 2023, or is that just for the recent cancellations?

Interesting. I was also under the impression that a POM cancel would require sailing by the end of 2022. If they've changed that date, it could make a big difference. 

I used FCC and bonus FCC to book my March cruise. Do I get my bonus FCC back if I cancel under POM?

On 1/11/2022 at 8:12 PM, SplashOfWater said:

I think the extension is just for the recent cancellations.

Yes and no. I recently cancelled and I got an e-mail saying the FCC was good for cruises through May 31, 2023.

However, when I called to use them on a Jan. 7, 2023 cruise, I was told "No, it must be used by Dec. 31, 2022."

I'm waiting for a call back to clarify, but I'm not optimistic. 😡

32 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

Yes and no. I recently cancelled and I got an e-mail saying the FCC was good for cruises through May 31, 2023.

However, when I called to use them on a Jan. 7, 2023 cruise, I was told "No, it must be used by Dec. 31, 2022."

If you cancelled under NCL's Peace of Mind policy, the FCC must be redeemed and used by Dec 31, 2022.

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence

If NCL cancels the cruise, the FCC issued must be redeemed by Jan 7, 2023 and used by May 31, 2023.

https://www.ncl.com/travel-advisory

43 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

Our PCC is looking into this issue.  The email clearly says book by Dec 31, 2022 and applicable to all published sailings through May 31, 2023.  He thinks it says can be used for cruises through May 31 but his system will not let him apply the FCC.  Trying to get it resolved so sit tight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SplashOfWater said:

If you cancelled under NCL's Peace of Mind policy, the FCC must be redeemed and used by Dec 31, 2022.

I canceled under POM. Here's what their e-mail stated:  "These future credits are valid for one year from the issue date and applicable to all published sailings through May 31, 2023."

1 minute ago, craig01020 said:

I canceled under POM. Here's what their e-mail stated:  "These future credits are valid for one year from the issue date and applicable to all published sailings through May 31, 2023."

Thanks! I hope they honor what's in the email, and not what they've posted on their website. They shouldn't be making it so confusing.

2 minutes ago, SplashOfWater said:

Thanks! I hope they honor what's in the email, and not what they've posted on their website. They shouldn't be making it so confusing.

They should because it specifically referenced my FCC amount.

Look at the bright side. For once there are no references to epidemiology. 🤣

• Like 1

And I stand corrected.  My email has the same wording Craig01020 said and the website states Dec 31, 2022.  But their email says “these future credits are valid from one year from the issue date and applicable….”  Also our FCC has a notation “Valid between 1/1/2012 to 1/12/2023” so the FCC even extended the date buying 12/31/2022.

8 minutes ago, mertziek said:

And I stand corrected.  My email has the same wording Craig01020 said and the website states Dec 31, 2022.  But their email says “these future credits are valid from one year from the issue date and applicable….”  Also our FCC has a notation “Valid between 1/1/2012 to 1/12/2023” so the FCC even extended the date buying 12/31/2022.

Yup. but good luck trying to use them. I spent hours on chat and phone the last two days. The result was "we'll call you within 48 hours".

1 minute ago, onegunro said:

I was told yesterday that we only have until Dec 31, 2022 to use our FCC from the Getaway Jan 5th cancellation. I hope that changes! Not sure we can cruise so quickly!

Did you receive an e-mail, and if so, what expiration date did it have?

Just spent some time on the phone asking why I couldn't apply my FCC to my April 2023 sailing when the email clearly said "thru May 2023".  They gave me some double talk that I couldn't understand except that the final outcome is that it must be applied to sailings in 2022.  Spoke to 3 different people and got the same answer but the last person explained it clearly....because the original sailing was January 2022, you have one year from that date for the new sailing using the FCC.  

• Like 1

On my cancellation letter, it states that our 20% bonus FCC is available through 2023, but it just says you will have your original FCC back in your account by January 11, 2022. And that had an expiration date of Dec 31, 2022

1 minute ago, butterfly4108 said:

but the last person explained it clearly....because the original sailing was January 2022, you have one year from that date for the new sailing using the FCC.  

Wouldn't that extend into January 2023? (rhetorical question)

So...when the e-mail clearly states through May 2023, they can say that really means 2022???!!!

I'm a fairly new NCL customer, soon to be a fairly new NCL former customer.

I guess what they're saying is if you cancelled your May trip you would have till May 2023 to use it.  Ultimately whenever your cruise was you'd have 12 months is what I got....it's somewhat deceptive the way it was worded but after the last gal explained it to me I went back and re-read the email and then it made sense.  Whomever writes their emails need a little HELP 😄