Grandest Entrances/Exits for Spanish ports (incl Porto/Lisbon)

WorkerBee74

We have docked twice in Leixoes for Porto.  It  not the most scenic spot in Portugal , but there is a newer port. which I know nothing about.  For info on docking, transport etc from Leixoes try a site such as "whatsinport" which has much info on your options. And if you SEARCH for Porto (or Oporto as both are used ) on  the OTHER MEDITERRANEAN PORTS  board you should find lots of helpful info appearing in the results.

I can recommend you visit the port houses area of Porto, right alongside the river at Vila Nova da Gaia(sp?) easily reached by tram/metro where you can tour  some of the best port houses in Portugal. and enjoy tastings too.  It is also an attractive riverfront and promenade  with boat trips on offer and wonderful views of the huge bridge.

And enjoy a wander around the older part of the city, not missing the entrance to the main railway station which has a wonderfully tiled entrance hall.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1

Thanks for your responses but my cruise just got cancelled haha - JINX!  I was on one of the Celebrity  Infinity cruises that got cancelled when they made the decision to move the ship to the Caribbean for the season.

This thread might help someone else though for next spring, we would have been calling on Lisbon/Porto/Vigo/Malaga/Cadiz/Valencia and Barcelona.