Destiny w/ little ones?

ritarussell

Hello!

I have a question about traveling with little ones on a 7-day cruise. We took the kids (now 3 and 6) on the Fantasy and they had a blast. This was only 3-days so my concern is how the kids feel after being on the ship for a 7-day cruise. Anyone on the Destiny in particular? Are you able to let the kids stay onboard while you go to an island? We didn't do this before since we only had one port. Also, any excursion ideas that are good for the Family? We travel to Aruba, St Thomas, Dominica and Barbados. Thanks for any help?!?!

Than

11/03 Fantasy

4/03 Sensation

5/02 Sovereign of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;8;8;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the Destiny

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;11;27;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until our Enchantment of the Seas Family Reunion

We have done a few 7 day cruises with our soon to be 4 year old and her first was on the Destiny. It is a great ship for little. One suggest, mid-week pick a day and keep the kids out of Camp for most of the day. This helps them recharge and get excited to get back in.

Yes, the offer in port care. The only port that you are asking about that we did with the little one was St. Thomas. I would recommend taking a taxi to Coral World. Do an internet search and I think there is a coupon.

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000

Victory 2000 Sensation 2001

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003

Victory 2004 Holiday 2004

Hoski,

Thanks for the advice, taking them out for a day sounds like a plan. I'm just afraid of them getting sick of it after so many day. I could be wrong, hope so!

Coral World looks nice too-checked out the website. THANKS!

11/03 Fantasy

4/03 Sensation

5/02 Sovereign of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;8;8;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the Destiny

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;11;27;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until our Enchantment of the Seas Family Reunion

That is why I say about taking them out for most of the day or whole day mid-week. If not our daughter lost interest the last two days and I would rather her lose one day verses two. Also it is usually easy to take them out a day if you plan a port together like St. Thomas. I don't know why Carnival does not offer the Coral World. We loved it.

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000

Victory 2000 Sensation 2001

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003

Victory 2004 Holiday 2004

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HOSKI: I don't know why Carnival does not offer the Coral World. We loved it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coral world was offered on this past cruise. Either on your own, or thru CCL ($35pp) it's worth it with the kids, and Coki beach is 'right there' so you can swim/snorkel/relax on the beach (no waves).

I think wit so many ports in one week, and if you do an excursion in each port, the kid's won't get 'bored' with the camp ( unless you leave them behind). Dominica is one that you may want to leave them on the ship, unless you get your own cab ( go thru the security gate and negotiate a good price- Dominicans are nice), and have them take you to Mr Nice's stand and to the Gardens and a stop to look at the port. In Aruba you can rent your own car, or take the Jeep safari, the kids will like that too. Barbados is where you can stay on board and relax by the pool, we didn't find it too exciting. Check the Ports of call for Dominica and our cabbie's (Arthur- fantastic) #'s are posted.. if you want to pre-arrange a tour. have a great cruise!

To Sea, or not, to See.

Starward 81, Volendam 83, Oceanic 87, Majestic 93, Victory 2/10/02, Imagination 5/23/02, 1/30/03, Conquest 12/28/03, Destiny 04/11/04

Conquest New Years Cruise

http://community.webshots.com/user/crisp1028

Archived