Sunrise Specialty Restaurants

funship freddy

This page will have all the restaurants in terms of sample menus and pricing. 

https://cruisespotlight.com/ship/carnival/sunrise

Personally, I stick to the main dining room for dinner unless it's a special occasion and then I'll do the Steakhouse. It's usually less about the food and more about the ambiance. I rarely do the paid Italian restaurant on any ship (we have plenty of good Italian places at home), but I'd be even less likely to do Cucina Del Capitano on the Sunrise. The atmosphere isn't as nice as some of the other ships, it's just basically what used to be Level 2 of the Lido buffet. They tried to make it nicer, but it's not a good as the one on the Vista or Horizon. 

JiJi Asian Kitchen is the best value of any of Carnival's specialty restaurants. $15 per person for dinner. I booked it twice on my last Horizon sailing, and plan on booking it for both of my sailings later this year. The only item that I've tried that I didn't care for was the pork belly. I'm sure it was a good pork belly, I have just never liked pork belly due to the gelatinous texture. 

Cucina del Capitano is their Italian concept. $15 per person for dinner. I'm not personally a fan. Unlike the Italian concepts on NCL and RCCL that take the cuisine upscale, Carnival's Cucina del Capitano is more along the lines of a "family style" Italian - think Buca di Beppo. I would rate it as just above Olive Garden in quality. The chicken parmesan was fine, but I wouldn't say I enjoyed it any more than a regular meal in the MDR. 

The steakhouse is currently $38 per person. I actually haven't tried Fahrenheit 555 on any Carnival ship, but the feedback on most sailings has been positive. I don't eat beef, but I have done the steakhouses on both NCL and RCCL, and generally find the food to be very rich. The offerings are more upscale than what you would find at a chain steakhouse. 

Bonsai Sushi is an a la carte restaurant, with no reservations required. They are also open late, after the MDR and other restaurants are closed. I find that it fills a gap when I'm either looking for a lighter meal, or just not feeling the menus at the MDR and don't have a reservation for another specialty restaurant. Two rolls and a ginger salad will run you around $20. Add on a Sake Sangria for $12 more, and you've got a really flavorful meal.