Cruise next week - 2 ports changed/cancelled

michaeljc70

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You have the option to cancel up until 48 hours before departure under the Sail With Confidence Program.   If the changes are enough to ruin your vacation I would take that option and change your cruise to one that suites you expectations better.    The program was put in place to help mitigate ports changing due to situations not under Celebrity's Control.  

You probably missed most of the 40+ posts. I cancelled using the guidelines. I have until the end of the year to use my credit I haven't gotten yet even though I cancelled 2 months ago.  That doesn't leave much of a window for people that have jobs and lives to make plans.  

Sorry, but people that took a chance during the pandemic and have sailed with Celebrity for 25+ years shouldn't have to jump through so many hoops.  I have been a very happy Celebrity customer for 25+  years until now.   This shouldn't be that complicated. When I paid them...it didn't take 75 days for them to charge me.....  This is 2022.  When I make a return to Walmart,  a less than luxury company, I get a credit in few days.....

I am surprised at the excuses being made.  Must be Stockholm Syndrome or Celebrity employees....I just want some fairness.  I don't think I am being very demanding expecting to use my own money in a timely manner....

My pessimistic guess is...they are hoping for cruise bookings to surge after the pandemic and your credit to be worth much less....

Edited by michaeljc70

7 hours ago, michaeljc70 said:

As an update....it has been 6 weeks and I still haven't received my cruise credit.  I frankly cannot imagine why it takes this long.  It is 2022....computers????  Do they use a teletype and filing cabinet?

Has your TA called Celebrity to inquire about the FCC?

I had one that hadn't yet been issued 6 weeks after the cancellation. My TA called, got the needed info and applied the FCC to our May sailing.

Good luck with all this - very frustrating indeed.

On 1/18/2022 at 10:10 PM, michaeljc70 said:

I've been on a lot of cruises over the last 25 years.  Of course there have been small changes due to weather, unrest, strikes or whatever.  I do feel if 1/2 of the itinerary changes that is something different.  I'll deal with it, but I think when loyal customers take a chance in the middle of a pandemic and you cannot offer close to what they bought, you should get a refund.  

You knew this when you booked the cruise, and you most certainly knew prior to full payment, that this could happen. Yet you decided to take that risk. Celebrity is being very generous in giving you full credit. If you don't like the risk, then wait until the pandemic is totally over or book last minute and take whatever cabin you can get. Even then, there can always be a change, even while onboard. It happens.

2 hours ago, michaeljc70 said:

You probably missed most of the 40+ posts. I cancelled using the guidelines. I have until the end of the year to use my credit I haven't gotten yet even though I cancelled 2 months ago.  That doesn't leave much of a window for people that have jobs and lives to make plans.  

Sorry, but people that took a chance during the pandemic and have sailed with Celebrity for 25+ years shouldn't have to jump through so many hoops.  I have been a very happy Celebrity customer for 25+  years until now.   This shouldn't be that complicated. When I paid them...it didn't take 75 days for them to charge me.....  This is 2022.  When I make a return to Walmart,  a less than luxury company, I get a credit in few days.....

I am surprised at the excuses being made.  Must be Stockholm Syndrome or Celebrity employees....I just want some fairness.  I don't think I am being very demanding expecting to use my own money in a timely manner....

My pessimistic guess is...they are hoping for cruise bookings to surge after the pandemic and your credit to be worth much less....

The policy clearly says it may take up to 90 days. You agreed when you booked your cruise....so don't complain.  You are not returning a tshirt here. The process is far more complicated.

8 hours ago, michaeljc70 said:

Have you seen in the news how other cruise lines are going bankrupt?

Celebrity needs to hold your cash (and everyone else’s cash in your “boat”) to operate. Cash flow is critical for sure for all cruise lines. They need deposits and final payments to pay for ships, operating costs and payroll and if they can stretch refunds for 60-90 days they will. 

33 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Celebrity needs to hold your cash (and everyone else’s cash in your “boat”) to operate. Cash flow is critical for sure for all cruise lines. They need deposits and final payments to pay for ships, operating costs and payroll and if they can stretch refunds for 60-90 days they will. 

Royal Caribbean is a publicly traded company with a market cap of over $18 billion dollars! 

7 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

The policy clearly says it may take up to 90 days. You agreed when you booked your cruise....so don't complain.  You are not returning a tshirt here. The process is far more complicated.

Actually...it doesn't!!!

"The future cruise certificate will be issued to you within 30 days. By requesting a Cruise with Confidence FCC"

https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert/frequently-asked-questions

Just now, michaeljc70 said:

Royal Caribbean is a publicly traded company with a market cap of over $18 billion dollars! 

and how much cash do they have?  What are their cash commitments for the next 6 months? 

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

I think the OP is asking for a Future Cruise Credit - not cash back . So going bankrupt because of refunds doesn't figure into the equation at all.

We are also waiting for FCCs and I consider them having the use of my payment for a year without delivering any services to me as advantageous for Celebrity. (And as an aside, we would have canceled before final payment if the Cruise With Confidence policy had not been in effect so, in that case, Celebrity would have been worse off.)

Edited by chamima

2 minutes ago, chamima said:

I think the OP is asking for a Future Cruise Credit - not cash back . So going bankrupt because of refunds doesn't figure into the equation at all.

We are also waiting for FCCs and I consider them having the use of my payment for a year without delivering any services to me as advantageous for Celebrity.

They can't use deposit money to make money or put it at risk.  It can't be used as operating capital either.

35 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

They can't use deposit money to make money or put it at risk.  It can't be used as operating capital either.

Not deposit money - these are all final payments .