Informative Posts About Current COVID Cases on Antarctic Cruises

cboyle

Trip Advisor's "Antarctic Adventures" forum is starting to get some interesting posts on this thread:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12337-k13601021-Antartica_2021_22_is_a_GO-Antarctic_Adventures.html

Post #573 Le Lyrial (Ponant)

Post #577 Fram (Hurtigruten)

Edited by cboyle
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, cboyle said:

Trip Advisor's "Antarctic Adventures" forum is starting to get some interesting posts on this thread:

There is a lot of good information there -- and it surprises me a bit to find people sailing on Ponant who haven't found our little forum here. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/25/2022 at 9:26 PM, cboyle said:

Post #577 Fram (Hurtigruten)

This was very interesting. It shows how serious Hurtigruten is with their covid protocols. I haven't received final documentations from Ponant for my upcoming trip, but most certainly I will follow their protocols to the letter.

Edited by Sitti

2 hours ago, Sitti said:

This was very interesting. It shows how serious Hurtigruten is with their covid protocols. I haven't received final documentations from Ponant for my upcoming trip, but most certainly I will follow their protocols to the letter.

@sitti, I was told earlier by Ponant that the final documents would not be sent until 1-2 weeks prior to the cruise. I have only sailed once with Ponant, but the documents were first emailed and then arrived by FedEx a few days later. We're also on the Ross Sea, so I'll let you know when we get ours.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, cboyle said:

@sitti, I was told earlier by Ponant that the final documents would not be sent until 1-2 weeks prior to the cruise. I have only sailed once with Ponant, but the documents were first emailed and then arrived by FedEx a few days later. We're also on the Ross Sea, so I'll let you know when we get ours.

FWIW. Ponant isn't mailing documents at all now in the US. We've been getting email copies a little less than a week before sailing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1