Circle C kids club

famof4togo

So....I will be traveling with my son, his friends and their mothers...a big group of Tackle football boys.....my sons problem is he will be age 11 (2 months from being 12)...and all and I do mean ALL the other boys will already be 12....so as luck would have it, the kids clubs differentiate from age 11 to age 12...now I know I can go to the director and beg, plead and borrow to ask to have him moved up to Circle C, but I also know that is unlikely....so my question is....

In Circle C...do they scan the children's cards upon arrival?  I know they don't have to be "checked in" so I am sort of hoping given the "come and go" environment that if my son joined his friends at Circle C to play vid's or whatever that he can kind of go unnoticed?  Size wise he is fine (taller then me actually) and while no one would call him "mature" he is as mature as any of the other 12 year old's in our group....so can he essentially sneak in (yes rule broken yada yada yada) or do they scan cards etc?

TIA

They keep them separated for the inside club activities, he won't be able to sneak in, or he may, but will be found out. You have a better shot with the birthday being so close, they don't go down, only up and having friends/siblings also going into the upper group (helps with fitting in). As long as your son looks likes he'll fit in, you have a good shot IMO. You also have every single one of the right things going for you that they consider when deciding on this type of exception. I'd say you have a very, very good chance of accommodation with regard to your request. The director is the way to go, just don't forget it's a request but I would say you have a 9.5 out 10 chance.  

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

Good to know thanks 

5 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

They keep them separated for the inside club activities, he won't be able to sneak in, or he may, but will be found out. You have a better shot with the birthday being so close, they don't go down, only up and having friends/siblings also going into the upper group (helps with fitting in). As long as your son looks likes he'll fit in, you have a good shot IMO. You also have every single one of the right things going for you that they consider when deciding on this type of exception. I'd say you have a very, very good chance of accommodation with regard to your request. The director is the way to go, just don't forget it's a request but I would say you have a 9.5 out 10 chance.  

Good to know...thanks and I guess that's' what I'll have to do...even if I will be wasting my precious drinking time doing it LOL

1 minute ago, Denverdonkeys said:

capacity of the club and in each age group on the ship will also play a role, but impossible to know that until you board.

It is a Spring Break cruise so I am not sure that will be in my favor.....I mean I am assuming for the most part they will be outside with pool, bball, slides, girls etc...(they aren't really sit inside kinda boys) so hopefully it won't an much of an issue anyway.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, famof4togo said:

Good to know thanks 

Good to know...thanks and I guess that's' what I'll have to do...even if I will be wasting my precious drinking time doing it LOL

Plenty of drinking time on a cruise! No shortage of that lol.  The kiddos need to have a good vacation as well, mine absolutely love the kids clubs and having their own focused space, socialization and activities. Have a great cruise!  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, famof4togo said:

It is a Spring Break cruise so I am not sure that will be in my favor.....I mean I am assuming for the most part they will be outside with pool, bball, slides, girls etc...(they aren't really sit inside kinda boys) so hopefully it won't an much of an issue anyway.

Even better! More kids, more fun for them! My older son still talks to a few kids he met in the kids club who are also gamers. The older kids usually do a mix of inside and outside stuff, go for ice cream, hit sports court and stuff like that. They'll have a great time.  

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, famof4togo said:

Yes I don't plan to see too much of my son during this trip...I mandated dinners with me but aside from that they will be doing their own thing I am sure....

We do that too, it doesn't usually last though lol. They end up making dinner dates and grabbing burgers/food with cruise friends from the kids club by day two or three. Reminds me Vegas vacation and Nick Papageorgio "sorry dad, I got this tiny tiny thing downtown"..lol. Then I get the "why are you trying to stifle socialization?" comments or sit quietly or looking board as heck and then they scarf down their food and ask to be excused...lol. I usually give in. 😀    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our son was a few weeks shy of meeting the cutoff for Club O2 on one of our cruises, and the counselors allowed him in.  This was quite awhile ago, and he had an older sister that qualified for Club O2, so I don't know if that made a difference or if their policy has changed.

It never hurts to ask.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just a follow up....we were able to move my son up to the club with his friends...I simply explained all his friends were in the higher club and she moved him up with little to no hesitation.

• Like 2