Got room from Priceline, but...

Ifloat

Booked the Westin Bayshore in Vancouver for a very nice price. When I called the hotel to confirm the reservation, the clerk said we had two double beds.

I asked if it was possible to get a king instead, and he said, rather disdainfully, that I had apparently booked my room through the internet and if I wanted anything changed, I would have to talk to the internet agent.

From the posts I've read here, I thought that it was all right to ask the hotel rather than Priceline if they can accomodate these changes.

Don't get me wrong, for $62 a night I will happily dream in a double bed, but I'm asking if I just got a rude clerk or if things booked through Priceline need to be adjusted through Priceline.

I understand that part of buying on the cheap is that my wishes may not be granted :o

If they have a king available when you check in, then most likely you will not have a problem. Priceline guarantees a room that will sleep 2. Usually people have the opposite request you have. They are concerned that there will only be one bed in the room. And even though you will not get credit for a stay with the Starwood program, it wouldn't hurt to present the card at check-in. The front desk will more likely give you the type room you want if they can.

Priceline tells you to contact the hotel directly with special requests. I have always done so because my husband is asthmatic and we must have a non-smoking room. The hotels have always given us a non-smoking room, but we sometimes have had to take two double beds instead of a king even if I have requested it. For one night, for the right price, I can deal with anything, as long as the room is clean.

Archived